PDA

View Full Version : Best rev box for me??

shawndog360
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
ok i need to know what rev box i should get for my 03 400ex ok here is all i have done.
i have a 426, t-4 prociruit slip on pipe, uni filter, jeted, and should i take my lid of my airbox??

ZJTurbo
06-16-2008, 11:06 AM
From what I have been reading Procom is a good choice.

shawndog360
06-16-2008, 11:08 AM
i just want something than my stock one sence i have all that done i should get a new after market rev box.

drew416ex
06-16-2008, 03:23 PM
You should notice a small gain with the lid off. With the mods you have it may gain around 1hp give or take.

HondaRaceReady
06-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't spend money on a rev box now. Take the airbox lid off, and get pro circuit headers. Rejet and you will notice a bigger difference than you would with a revbox. Plus, rev boxes allow you to rev the bike to rpm's it wasn't built to go to. Probably not even good for the bike.

leasureryan
06-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I agree....rev boxs are dumb. Only buy one if your OEM box goes bad, and aftermarket is cheaper. And why would you want to remove your rev limiter? Maybe if your are riding for a team, all your parts are free and paid for, and have mechanics to do the work for you....then try and get gains from the rev limiter, otherwise, bad news. Aftermarket cdi's also claim to give off more voltage, like 50K volts, to your spark plug......wooohooo...big deal. Like the stock 30K doesn't already provide more than plenty...lol. So...again...no gains there. You have to figure....we are working on CARBURATED ATV's here.....not fuel injected. When you get into fuel injection, and fuel mapping etc.....that is when you need some sort of fuel box. We are dealing with very very simple technology here with 400ex's. These little computer chips in these aftermarket rev boxs are only going to reak havvoc. Besides....you ever look at a dyno on a 400ex?.....thier power isn't mostly made at the top end of rpm's. it falls off pretty durasticly right when you should shift....correct?

Honda5
06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I have had good luck with procom, rev max, ricks,and big gun the only one I didn't like was the white bros. I still run procoms on my woods 406, my 460 stroker and my 426 13.5:1 and I don't cut them any slack. you do want to take the lid off.