View Full Version : The Outlaw Rules

sheriff525
06-16-2008, 12:32 AM
So just wanted to say that I love the IRS system. Me and my brothers went out and hit some hard trails this weekend. It has been raining like crazy and the water is really high. Well the Outlaw handled it like a dream. We were going through rivers, streams, puddles and mud. I know any quad can do those things but then, we got to the rocky trails. If i was on a straight axle i would have tried to find another way especialy when the whole trail is basketball sized boulders all the way up the huge hills we were climbing. Talk about intimidating, but what better way to test the IRS.

Nothing got in the way of the IRS. I still have my memories of straight axle and i would find myself bracing for the impact of some huge rocks and then.....nothing. The IRS would clear them and keep on flying. It was awesome. There is no way any straight axle would have gone were we went. The hills were too tall and and rocky not to mention they had been washed out like crazy. It was just so nice to get out on some rough trails and see what the IRS can really do. Felt like the Cadilac of quads on those trails.

My lil bro also changed his sprockets to a 13 in the front and a 39 in the back. I rode it and I loved it. Instead of changing between 2nd and 3rd all the time I could just leave it in 3rd and have all the power I needed to clear whatever got in my way. Not to mention he can launch harder now too. I am ordering mine now too.

So at the end of the day we had one punctured tire and once my bros quad quit after crossing a river. Then my little brother bent his front a arm after ramming into a huge rock he must not have seen it in the river bed. It was like the size of a car he said. HAHAHAHAHA.

Anyone know where he can get some A arms?

eerhard09
06-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Sounds like a good review, is this the first time you have really been on some rough trails with it? I know I have been in some pretty nasty stuff and remember the days on my Z400, even with good aftermarket shocks, and it beat the crap out of me!

I want to switch over to a 13t front just to see how I like it. I too agree that the 14t is a little too much for 3rd and not enough for 2nd when the trails are tight! I want to try the 13t as well!

As for a-arms, I know I have seen some full part out Outlaws on e-bay so there should be some cheap alternatives to aftermarket stuff out there!

baldwinmx450r
06-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I have a stock set off of an 450 outlaw, If they bolt up i'd be willing to part with them.

rossdantonio@hotmail.com

sheriff525
06-16-2008, 05:48 PM
That is great. I am sure they would fit. I will email you. THANKS