View Full Version : jump height distance vs trick

brandonpeake
06-15-2008, 11:38 PM
i am working on a practice track and In one area I wand something like the Tyler Pittman track Huevos 8 where Dana Creech and someone else was hitting it.

So I got one jump weak but im new to mx and building jumps so I am playing with angle or ramp and landing vs distance and speed, at first it was at a nice angle but way too close.

Any ways some pointers please like for example you want a jump X feet high with prob a 30 degree anglee which is basically that angle dirt falls at, then you would want it 30 feet long for practice rthym and what for begineer tricks?

I am doing trial and error and it takes a whle to jump twice or whatever get the tractor move then jump etc, so i need some pointers

Also im probaly going to build 1 large table to get my distance of longer jumps down better but havent yet, but on my double i have a case saver i call it so if u land short you may not be smooth on the downside but u wont go nose into it either its got a flat spot then a downside for safety reason, havent needed it but just in case but then
I want to put in a rthym section

I got like 3 acres but some trees, neighbors not a problem,
I been searching for a long time found an artice in Dirt wheels I been to Dirt wurx and I found another place probably the best but all theory and general, My land isnt flat but no where like Glen helen for nice sgtep ups without alot of dirt, I been getting dirt off the land not in track use for now, I will have to buy some but now yet
thankd

brandonpeake
06-15-2008, 11:41 PM
SO i know prob a no hander or no footer is the first or a heel clicker,
I been stretching alot but I was curious a natural progression of some of the better known tricks, I havent seen this on here,
I know for rider A trick 1 may be easy and for rider B hard but I mean generally,
Also i will be trying this on dirt not a metal or wood ramp,
I expect 30 feet is needed for decent tricks is this right? Ive seen heel clickers done one what looked like 15 feet but it can been misleading?
please advise
Thanks again

8my_Cash
06-17-2008, 10:36 AM
i have friends that throw SSGs at 30 feet, it all about the hieght and hang time. so a 30foot gap but 15ft in the air gives you plenty of time to throw some basic tricks.

make a jump that you think you can hit and try it once you get bored go bigger try to conquer something new everyday but without being dumb, for example dont go from 30feet to 90 feet and expect to lander perfect that just gets you hurt. there is a difference between having balls and having no brains haha

my advice is to start on the easy first. no handers no footers ect. once you learn them you learn the other tricks. such as a no hander and a no footer will lead to nothings. can cans will lead to no footed cans. no footed cans will help you to learn supermans ect.

remember start small...dream big and eventually it will all fall into place.