PDA

View Full Version : 300 ex gearing

300EXer
12-01-2002, 12:45 PM
im thinkin bout re-gearing my 300. i really need to beat my buddys blaster! When we race i kill him off the start but when we're wide open he barely crawls past me. i got 20's on mine hes got 22's. thats the only reason why he wins. i heard if i go 14/36 i wont lose any bottom end but gain a bit of top end. can anyone help me out?

300EXer
12-01-2002, 05:16 PM
bump

danney f
12-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Try just the 14 up front. it should give you the edge you need. going down to a 36 in the rear with out some mods maybe a little to tall and you may suffer on the bottom and he'll get you off the line easy.

2000SPORT
12-01-2002, 07:17 PM
The 14 tooth will give you the edge over the blaster. I had the same dilemma. he may pull just slightly ahead on takeoff though, but you'll easily get him at top end. The bikes speeds are pretty much the same. I know when me and my freinds were stock, they'd run dead even. He added a pipe and he blew my doors off. I added the gearing and could just take him. Now I have a pipe. He can take me off the line, but when I catch him I blow right on past as it seems he's standing still. It seems as though when the blasters top out they slow back down a bit. Kind of like the warrior when the valves float.

12-04-2002, 05:32 PM
i just got a 14 toth front sprocket and left the rear the same. i suggest you do the same. i barely get out of 4th gear and the third gear is now unbelievable. i also have 22 inch mud tires and a dg pipe. my 300 is not jetted and it fine and i have a airfilter. i been like this for a year and a half. no problems