PDA

View Full Version : Gear Case Cover Cracked today..HELP PLEASE!!!!!

2fastandfurious
12-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Can't get this cover off.......... It's caught up on the 2 shafts the protrud from the case. I can open it up a little but it wont slide off the 2 shafts. Whats up? Please help. Story is below.....

Was lazy, did'nt have the chain tight. The chain wraped around rear sprocket bolts, this cause a great force apon the ????? I need to find out what i have to fix. The gear case cover is cracked in a few places. One crack is hair thin leading to the block. I was hoping the cracks would stay to just the case cover but a small cracked continued on the top of the block. Doesnt leak any oil though. I'm not making too big of a fuss. It was race day today so i'll be in the stands. Bad day. Well i need to buy a new cover. How much? Thanks........
Ben:(

honda250xrider
12-01-2002, 12:58 PM
just keep wiggling the side case it will come out... and for a new one i remember buying one from honda awhile back for 60$ i think, i did the same thing u did not feel bad but next time u might want to invest in a case saver, it can save ya alot of money

2fastandfurious
12-01-2002, 01:15 PM
Thanks alot man. I found one direct from honda for about $100. I will keep wiggling it. Its going to snap coming off because there are cracking in the middle and thats gonna make it tough to get pressure down there by the bottom. I am also going to take the skid plate off. That should help. Well im glad im not the only one!
Thanks
Ben
PS Whats a case saver?

honda250xrider
12-01-2002, 02:27 PM
a case saver goes between the sproket and the case, so if your chain throws it will hit the case saver not the case itself

2fastandfurious
12-01-2002, 02:34 PM
got any idea where i can buy one?
-Ben

redrider ex
12-01-2002, 02:37 PM
i will sell for $50 bucks shipped

phatswinn
12-01-2002, 03:14 PM
no case savers for the 300ex are made i dont think