PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Help and information!

lauvrayracing
06-15-2008, 11:50 AM
My boy races only district racing due to his age and riding in the limited class. He is consistently finishing third to two other riders. They just seem to run away from him even on his best race day. The only thing we have done is a clutch mod. We are running the yellow Clutch spring and the 3.5 KOSO rollers. Absolutely everything else is stock. I need some suggestions to try and keep the other two riders a little closer. The bike is a 2008 liquid cooled DRX 50 with the stock OKO carb. Any help woud be greatly appreciated. This is our first year and I really have never done this before. Just learning as I go. Would like to give my boy the chance to win one. Thanks everyone, good luck racing this year.

JIM GRACE
06-15-2008, 01:58 PM
first make sure he is pinning the throtle. I thought the same as
far as wanting to make the quad faster but it was him not being
on the gas. time and experience will change that..

as far as the quad goes his was jetted wrong when we got it,
and if the yellow springs are 2000 you should be good.

when he did need more power to run up front, i had the stock
cylinder ported and it made a big diffrence IMO.

happy fathers day:D

brandon's dad #55

lauvrayracing
06-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the help.

I was/am thinking the same thing as far as throttle. He does pretty well, could be better. However, I believe we need to seriously look into porting and polishing. As far as the spring (yellow), I believe it is rated as a 1500. Who would you recommend for porting and polishing? I live in Virginia, so I think the closest guy would be Hetrick (that is who we purchased the bike through), but I am open to suggestions and/or preferences. Thanks again for the help. Good luck racing this year again.

bulldogfallon
06-18-2008, 11:00 PM
A worked top end kit will make a huge improvement, but your rider also has to be able to use the power.

(Be careful-not all builders can make a 50 faster)

The faster riders usually are good with the little things...tuning their CVT and carb..

With a yellow spring (fresh) a 3.75 gram set up would be where I started testing with weights.

I have 50cc kits that will be in hand early next week.

No down time with a proven builder

Our G-Force rider won the state series and the Pell City race for ATVA with this set up.

But the rider has to be able to put it all together

jread14
06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
pm sent