PDA

View Full Version : airbox mods

Holty
11-08-2001, 01:42 PM
Right now I'm running with my air box lid off. Just wondering what you guys are doing instead of this? I know someone makes some kinda screen or something that is safer than no lid at all. BTW I have a K&N with outerwear. What are you're air box mods? thanks.

Magicfan25
11-08-2001, 03:00 PM
I think the lid is by outerwears. Look in the Reviews section of the page theres one in there. Also people just drill the stock lid and put UNI filter vents in it. (www.Unifilter.com)

MichaelS693
11-08-2001, 03:16 PM
i have heard of drillin holes or a hole in ur airbox lid

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\confederatesm].gif
FLY IT HIGH!

11-08-2001, 07:19 PM
Curtis Sparks makes a screen for the air box lid. Check it out at www.sparksracing.com

Holty
11-08-2001, 07:29 PM
I actually saw that before and I emailed you"The_Wheel_Man" about it and you never returned my email?? I'm very interested in getting on of those!! I looked on the website there and got a name and number for a nearby dealer(pittsburgh) and they said "oh yeah, we're dealer, but we can't get that for you" ???? what's up with that?? can you help me out ?

if you could please read the email i sent you there are some questions I asked about it.

i.e. how does it install? is it hard to install? what is it made out of? do they work well? do you use one on your own bike? do you have any more pics of it up close? the website won't show a larger image when you click on the pic.

thanks

11-08-2001, 07:50 PM
Yes I can get them they are 20.00 shipped. I do not use one at this time but I am waiting for some to come in when they do I will install one on my 400EX. They do work well but in very dusty conditions any filter will let some dirt in. At this time I do not have any pics but will in the near future. I will have more information shortly on the installation process.

Holty
11-08-2001, 07:58 PM
o.k. thanks for your help. when you get all your info. gather up please contact me. I would like to hear more about it before ordering one.

jholty@home.com

11-08-2001, 10:19 PM
Will do :D

96300ex
11-09-2001, 03:53 PM
I took my airbox off and laid one of my shop rags across it. Then i duck taped the sides (REDNECK!) I used one of my thicker rags and it fits pretty snug against the frame. I rubbed some vasaline on the top and it seems to keep the dust out fairly well. Kinda hard to clean the air filter because you have to snake it down by the frame to get it back on. But it works for me and it's definately cheaper than something from outerwears or any other company (i.e it's free) Just a suggestion, i have a 300 so i don't know if it would fit tight against the frame on a 400 or 250.

11-09-2001, 08:54 PM
Get the outwears airbox lid. I have one and it works great.