PDA

View Full Version : 400EX BEaring carrier issue...

big95xj
06-14-2008, 07:30 PM
So tonight when i got home i decided i wanted to tighten my chain. No big deal ive never done but had a slight idea of what was goin on. My question is this, the allen head bolt on the bottom of the carrier is for what? IS it a plug? Is there supposed to be fluid in there? cuz there was... It wasnt like oil or anything that came out it was like water. I need to do the carrier bearings cuz there is play in there and its pretty bad but could some water have gotten past a seal or something? I did pressure wash it the other day...

Thanks in advance...
Bryant

big95xj
06-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Come on guys i need an answer im dyin to ride!!!!!!

tom416ex
06-17-2008, 04:06 PM
i took my rear end apart the other day and i had water come out of my swingarm/carrier. Its not a huge deal, and the allen head holes are where you would move ther carrier to tightten or loosen the chain, there is also a grease fitting on the carrier as well, well mine is visible due to the aftermarket carrier that i have....
hope this helps

big95xj
06-17-2008, 07:16 PM
YEah cool. I new that thats what the 4 allens were for but the one on the bottom right near the end of skid plate? Is that just access to the grease fitting? And thank you for the response...

John451
06-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, the one screw is for letting water out, no fluid required. I always throw grease everywhere when i take those out. Mainly in the bearings and all over the axle. But the screws a drain plug. On some you take the screw out and turn the carrier so you can put a grease gun in to get to the nipple to grease it upp. Good luck.

big95xj
06-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys!! Now i can ride when i get home from work tomorrow. I didnt want to ride on it if it was going to burn it up!