PDA

View Full Version : Best Pipe for 02' 250ex

DaveEX7
12-01-2002, 10:22 AM
i gotta find a pipe for my 250, cause i got the 400 all taken care of.... ive heard the procircuit t4 is the way to go, i think thats bullshi*, my friend has a t4 on his t4 and it blows, i smoked him and my bike is stock, so i need an idea of what pipe to get Thanks

DaveEX7
12-02-2002, 05:10 PM
now would anybody care to answer my question?? these things arent gonna answer themselves ya know

Macho250
12-03-2002, 09:28 PM
i love my xcellerator it makes all the difference and looks really nice on my red ex. along with a k&n air filter i hit rev limiter easy in 5th

redroost85
12-05-2002, 06:09 PM
I would say that the DG is the way to go. I've got the complete system on mine (pipe and muffler) for $200. I thought whay pay at least $250 for a slip-on when you can have the whole deal for $200? I added a k&n with prefilter at the time and rejetted and noticed a nice change. The DG also puts out a pretty good (not annoying) bark! Also, I got my pipe without the spark arrester...that was like another $50, so I said heck with it!

kxrider
12-05-2002, 07:23 PM
i dont know which is the best cuase i've only had one the wb e series, and it realy woke up my 250, much more bottom end and great sound

ryanh250ex
12-05-2002, 10:21 PM
with a t4 on my 250 i've kept up with a DMC piped and jetted 300 on the track and a stock blaster. your friend either didnt rejet or really sucks because the t4 when jetted right makes a night and day difference. way better low and mid range hp and torque and great throttle response.there's only a slight increase in top end, though.

my friend owns a warmed over banshee and took the 250 for a joyride on the street (it snowed 8 inches today, that's the only time i would ever ride on the street) and he actually enjoyed it. i know a hopped up banshee and a piped and jetted 250ex are worlds apart but the t4 does make a difference.oh yeah, great sound too.

if i were you i wouldn't judge a pipe on one drag race. there's so many factors in drag races that it takes several races to really measure the benefit of pipes and such.

Macho- everybody hits the rev limiter in 5th easy. it's not that big of a deal.

wheeltrax
12-06-2002, 05:26 AM
I have heard and seen alot of problems with how DG products dont fit that well. I have seen alot of different pipes for the 250ex at the trails and they all seem to wake it up more than stock. Plus they sound better than stock.

DaveEX7
12-06-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
your friend either didnt rejet or really sucks because the t4 when jetted right makes a night and day difference. way better low and mid range hp and torque and great throttle response.there's only a slight increase in top end, though.

if i were you i wouldn't judge a pipe on one drag race. there's so many factors in drag races that it takes several races to really measure the benefit of pipes and such.

well hes gotta stage 2 jet, and i raced him about 8 times one track(grass-used his and my own lanes and still one) & we raced like 2 more times after those races(on a gravel type thing) and i still won, now cause i got ****ty tires i lose, but my point was i still think the t4 sucks...no offense to any of u who like it, its juss my personal opinion

ryanh250ex
12-07-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85

well hes gotta stage 2 jet, and i raced him about 8 times one track(grass-used his and my own lanes and still one) & we raced like 2 more times after those races(on a gravel type thing) and i still won, now cause i got ****ty tires i lose, but my point was i still think the t4 sucks...no offense to any of u who like it, its juss my personal opinion

if you're referring to the dyno jet jetting kit, the kits for the 250 are notorious for being too rich, no matter the size.

did you guys switch machines?

he must really suck if he cant beat a stock machine and his is piped and jetted.

TC17
12-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
I would say that the DG is the way to go. I've got the complete system on mine (pipe and muffler) for $200. I thought whay pay at least $250 for a slip-on when you can have the whole deal for $200? I added a k&n with prefilter at the time and rejetted and noticed a nice change. The DG also puts out a pretty good (not annoying) bark! Also, I got my pipe without the spark arrester...that was like another $50, so I said heck with it!

i was going to get that but a got a FMF Mega Max 2 Full system for 170 bucks. beat that. haha. i can't wait to here it!

swamprider7
12-07-2002, 07:44 PM
The T4 is an excellent pipe. Way better than DG. Plus, it looks cool.

cowmoo32
12-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I just got a DG X-Cellerator for my 250ex. I also have a K&N jet kit and K&N air filter on it. THAT PIPE SOUNDS AWESOME!! It makes the four-wheeler sound like a two-stroke and between that and the jet kit, I have a whole lot more power. When you're in a higher gear (4,5), and you hit the throttle, it responds a whole lot quicker and kicks a whole lot more. If you are considering buying a pipe, you should seriously consider this. Mine was backordered for 3 months, but its definatly worth it.:D

Honda2003
12-08-2002, 07:26 PM
i'm gonna get a DG X-Cellerator this spring and a rejet.

DaveEX7
12-09-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex

if you're referring to the dyno jet jetting kit, the kits for the 250 are notorious for being too rich, no matter the size.

did you guys switch machines?

he must really suck if he cant beat a stock machine and his is piped and jetted.

no hes gotta stage 2 K&N jet not dynojet...... and as a mater of fact we did trade bikes, and after the races were over i took his for a spin and i didnt notice any power gain, and he had his jets put in by a profesional.... now hes sayin mabe his jets are offset, could that be the reason he didnt beat me

DaveEX7
12-09-2002, 07:15 PM
lets compare for a second: which is better Big Gun or Yoshimura? and by how much or are they equal, please i need an answer to this!!! Thanks, Dave

ryanh250ex
12-11-2002, 04:09 AM

no hes gotta stage 2 K&N jet not dynojet...... and as a mater of fact we did trade bikes, and after the races were over i took his for a spin and i didnt notice any power gain, and he had his jets put in by a profesional.... now hes sayin mabe his jets are offset, could that be the reason he didnt beat me

absolutely.i think i'm running a lean pilot and needle and i know with some fine-tuning to the jetting it would perform quite a bit better, so next time i go in for some service i'll ask if my parts guy can try to fine-tune the jetting.this fall i was keeping up with a piped and jetted 300 on the track.

DaveEX7
12-11-2002, 07:55 AM
well im getin my 250 jetted this spring, tell the guy thats puttin in the jets the same thing?

DaveEX7
12-11-2002, 04:50 PM
i still need an answer to my question which is better Big Gun or Yoshimura? and by how much or are they equal, please i need an answer to this!!! Thanks

ryanh250ex
12-12-2002, 01:58 PM
well im getin my 250 jetted this spring, tell the guy thats puttin in the jets the same thing?

tell him what? i honestly dont know what you're referring to.

as for which pipe you should choose. i still stand with my choice for the t-4. however, if you MUST choose between big gun and yoshimura, choose the yoshimura. i personally think yoshi pipes are overrated, but they still make good pipes.i've heard that big guns are crap.

DaveEX7
12-14-2002, 10:10 AM
what i meant was after i have my jets in for a while, should i tell the guy to fine tune them, or only do that if theres a problem

ryanh250ex
12-15-2002, 02:50 PM
what i meant was after i have my jets in for a while, should i tell the guy to fine tune them, or only do that if theres a problem

here's what i'm going to start doing once i go to my parts/maintenance guy this winter:

aside from typical maintenance, i'm going to go to my parts guy twice a year (by the way, from here on out he'll be referred to as mike since that's his name), once in may/june and once in november/december. i'll ask him to fine-tune my jetting for the appropriate season. this way, it will be running with the most accurate jetting for each season.

but now that i'm thinking about it, it might make more sense to go in spring and fall, this way you'll be prepared for summer and winter, which are the two big seasons. for spring, you can go to leaner jetting which is what you need for summer, and for fall, you can switch over to fatter jets because it will gradually get cold and colder.if you're a real jetting freak i suppose you can go 1 time per season, but i really dont think thats necessary.

i need to go to mike and ask him to redo my jetting, because i think i might be running a rich main but a lean pilot/needle? go figure. i'll probably get a 1 size bigger pilot from my local honda dealer and ask mike to check out the needle/main for me. he does awesome work for me.