PDA

View Full Version : Used Veggie Oil?

L0w3r55
06-14-2008, 11:51 AM
if i just filter the hell out of used veggie oil can i run it straight with a diesel engine?

coryatver
06-14-2008, 01:06 PM
It will work straight but it is thicker than diesel fuel and burns different so it may cause damage to the motor. And you also need 2 seperate tanks becuase you have to start up and shut down on diesel fuel and need to install a warmer on the vegetable oil tank

if you want to run only one tank you need to get a kit that has specal injectors nozzles, and stronger glow plugs and fuel pre heaters

mittman
06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
if i just filter the hell out of used veggie oil can i run it straight with a diesel engine?

the guy that lives down the road from me went to an army auction and got a diesel blazer he runs straight veg oil. he has no problems with it yet. i have been saving up for a bio diesel kit

heres a site on bio diesel if intersted http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/

jcv400ex
06-14-2008, 05:54 PM
my uncle runs it in his Liberty. he has a heater installed though

trx450r ryder
06-15-2008, 12:43 AM
my dads friend just filters the ever living hell out of USED motor oil it dont matter wat its out of but it runs a bit better if u run stuff out of a gas motor he runs it in his dodge 12 valve i heard u can run it in the older 24 valves but not in the 07s cause it has somthing to do with the exhaust sensors that U CANT CHANGE.