PDA

View Full Version : Oil hose mount issue

QuadRid3r442
06-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Hey guys I still haven't gotten the quad running yet as you can see if you saw my jetting an fcr with athena kit thread. Well, I noticed that after I tried to start it and pop starting it once, I gave up. But then, I'm now noticing a small leak coming out of the hole where one of the oil hoses goes into. It's the one more under the engine and it's not the one that goes in with an allen key right under the sprocket. It's the other one. Don't think of the drain bolt where you go to change your oil either. Ok so when I was putting the motor back in, I was going pretty tight with it but not too tight due to a risk of it stripping. I just had the oil pump gear replaced when it got the big bore in and theres only about 2 quarts of oil in it right now. I made sure the washer when back on it. Is there a certain way how to put that bolt back in? Cuz theres holes on the side that looks like it allows oil to flow through the bolt. Do I have to take note of that and make sure it lines up with the hose for correct flow? I was just afraid I stripped the bolt but I loosend it a little and the bolt started to come out so I think I'm safe there. Do you have an idea why oil would have a slow leak?

ifixtheyride
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Did you ever figure out why it was leaking? I have a question about your FCR set up what are you doing about the fuel valve from the gas tank and also there is a hose from the oil return tank that connects to the stock carb what did you do about that? I put an FCR on mine with a 400ex boot and along with the Athena big bore it really woke it up but with the fuel valve in the prime position the fuel tank doesn't seam to flow from the reserve portion of the tank minor problem but have run out of gas with it twice now but performance is well worth it. By the way the oil line your talking about is like brake lines there are 2 soft copper washers one on top and one on bottom that seals maybe you nicked one or dropped one.

Thanks,
Bill