PDA

View Full Version : Closest place to ride Toms RIver NJ?

adam833
06-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Well since NJ blows and is closing chatts, where would the closest place to ride out of state be? I am in Toms RIver NJ.

Crazy lil punk
06-13-2008, 09:20 PM
atco if you are into mx. And NJ doesn't complely suck, enviromentalists do, they are the reason chatts is closing

flht_db
06-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Lost Trails (In PA, off 80 I believe) haven't been there but might try it this summer.

Atco for MX
NortheastMX for MX also.

deathman53
06-14-2008, 01:00 PM
keep in mind, that lost trails requires reg and ins. You can thank one person on this site who posted about copying the insurance policy on his truck, for them probably actually checking your reg/ins. There really isn't anywhere in NJ to ride. Thats unless you have a reg/ins/inpected dirtbike and a motorcycle license. Then there is alot of riding out there. There is suppsoed to be track opening in mid/south jersey. Also, NortheastMx, the memebership fee is something like $1000/ yr and you must be with another member to ride there. I think they have one or 2 tracks, nothing else. NJ really sucks for riding, that is why I ride my reg/ins/inp dirtbikes in the state forest, wma and the other legal state land. Unless you have a legal place to ride, its not even worth it to have a atv in NJ.

With the state giving money to towns to start enforcing no atv's, trespassing, and land issues, now you have cops driving around on plain looking atv's, just looking to bust you. I lost 3 riding spots, that until now were safe, because of this. You defenetily want to stay away from e/n/s brunswick, helmetta, monroe, jamesburg, jackson, manchester, lacy, forked river and others that I don't know about.

A few years ago, the state starting an agressive atv/dirtbike policy with 4-5 parks in the works, none of them happened and fines keep getting higher and now the state is giving more money for atv/dirtbike policy enforcement. They want to stop all atv/dirtbike riding in NJ, thats if they get their way. Every week you hear about your local pit/riding area getting raided by cops. I didn't see it, untill about a month ago. When my local place was crawling with cops.

Renato250r
06-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey Deathman,
Can you go into detail a little more about riding with registration and insurance in state parks?
My bikes and quad are all insured but not registered. Also they are 2 strokes a cr250 and a trx250r..I also have a motorcycle license as well since I ride a cbr600f4i..
Can I register a 2 stroke without adding lights etc?
Can I ride in state parks with a 2 stroke?

deathman53
06-14-2008, 04:20 PM
to be legal in the state parks, it has to be a vehicle that is street legal. As a ranger once told me, "If you can drive/ride it on the street(legally), you can drive/ride it here". They want reg/ins and most of the time, an inpsection sticker. NO, atv's aren't legal in any state land, wma, forest. It doens't matter if it a 2 stroke or not, legal on the street, legal here. I have a ktm200exc, I got the same thing about wheather a 2 stroke is street legal, I was told "it has reg/ins and SOMEHOW an inpection sticker, its legal". Good luck getting your cr250 through dmv, its gonna be tough. You might be best, registering it in vermont, getting all your papers back and then re-registering it in NJ, there is alot less chance they will notice that its a dirtbike. The inpection sticker can be a tough one, it depends on how much effect/expense you want to go through to get that sticker. With a cr250, it will cost somewhere close to $1000 to getting everything you need for an inspection sticker.

Nick08
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
go to gliddens in jackson its the best spot. i ride there every weekend

Tubsy
06-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Nick08
go to gliddens in jackson its the best spot. i ride there every weekend

yeah im with nick, gliddens or sarcos, im in toms river too, adam what part of toms river you live by and what u ride?

adam833
06-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Tubsy,
I am in Silverton near the border of Brick. I Have a trx250r. I go up to chatts once in a while but its too hot outside lately.. I wont go to glidden or sarcos because I dont want to start fing around with the cops and running.
Maybe somebody will introduce me to that guy George I have been hearing about. I'll throw them some cash.
I was thinking about going out of state to ride but then I figured with gas etc I am looking at over 100.00 a day to ride so screw that. Now If I can hook up with this guy and pay 20.00 a day thats a different story. Plus its so close from what I hear. Ill just ride my cbr til sumtin opens up :)

Tubsy
06-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Yeah I thought George's like closed down or something or he no longer lets people in unless you know him personally not 100% sure but thats what I thought. Its so tough to ride in this state anyway...Oh yeah im down in North Dover in Toms River if you know where that is

8my_Cash
06-24-2008, 11:32 AM
yeaaaaa NJ is a hole for riding need to ahve private land or love running from the police haha

BIGCATDAVE
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm surprised you guys don't go over to RAC. Or is the whole point to ride IN Jersey? I guess it would be a haul for you, but you guys with the sports would love all the hill climbs there.

Nick08
06-24-2008, 01:09 PM
wheres rac?

BIGCATDAVE
06-24-2008, 01:20 PM
The RAC properties are around Pottsville PA. 22,000 acres of coal property, you can get a permit for $100 a year. I hear of people going out there without the permit, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure someone on here has a permit and can share the info on getting one.

Tubsy
06-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Is that near tower city, PA?

BIGCATDAVE
06-24-2008, 01:35 PM
It's about 30 miles East, so a little closer to the Delaware for the Jersey guys.

RoadRage77
06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
no wonder spots get blown up... people cant ever shut up. the internet the best and worst thing ever made. ..............

sunco
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not giving NJ anymore money than they already get from me. I have my quads titled & registered in pa. You get a plate & a sticker on the plate ( inspection -NO I DOUBT IT) You can do it over the phone/fax. Then I got my insurance from Riders in springfield NJ. So if NJ wants all of us to reg/ins just so they can tax us & spend it on everything but "riding" I'm out & gonna spend my $ on the other side of the river.

nano
07-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Here is the link for places to ride on PA state forest property. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/atv/index.aspx

riley1374
07-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Hey GUys,
I have a house on Whitesville road in Toms River that you can ride right out my backyard to gliddens and i think it is stavolas. I am trying to sell my 300ex right now and upgrade to a 400 or 450, but once i do that, I will welcome some of you people to go riding with.

Nick08
07-16-2008, 09:00 AM
hey bro i can ride from my house to stavolas n gliddens what do you ride ive probably seen you before

Nick08
07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
and if your looking to buy a 400 i have one for sale

ducman998r
07-17-2008, 05:47 PM
hey Riley... I have a 400ex im selling too...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/mcy/759228347.html

tomscarpt
07-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Nick do you have a yellow honda ?

Nick08
07-19-2008, 12:39 PM
no but i know who your talking about he has a yellow honda like an 05 he rides the tracks. i have a white and black 08 but i ride a raptor 700

riley1374
08-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Just sold the quad and got a 2001 XR250. Look for me at stavolas. My brother in law and me were out riding this morning and some truck caming hauling *** after us. Didnt have time to see if it was friendly or not, but it was hauling *** directly towards us so we booked down some trails and back out to the tracks.

Any other places to go riding besides Stavolas? Scared to hit Gliddens lately.

riley1374
08-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Just sold the quad and got a 2001 XR250. Look for me at stavolas. My brother in law and me were out riding this morning and some truck caming hauling *** after us. Didnt have time to see if it was friendly or not, but it was hauling *** directly towards us so we booked down some trails and back out to the tracks.

Any other places to go riding besides Stavolas? Scared to hit Gliddens lately.

deathman53
08-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm told that the security there doesn't want you on the white sand, on the roads and near the equipment. Otherwise they just just chase you for fun. I've been out there in the past few weeks and haven't seen anybody there. I stay mostly in the trails anyway. Dumb question, did you buy this 01 xr250r about 1-2 months ago. I sold a 01 xr250r about that time, street plated.

Nick08
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
i was there n gliddens today on my raptor

Keystone_Rider
08-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I'll be going with my family to Forked River this weekend and I was going to stop by to check out the action at Chatsworth. I didn't know Chatsworth was going to be closed down. Is it still open? If it is, anyone have the address so i can put it in my gps and come by to check it out this weekend? I won't be riding, just want to see what it is like.

riley1374
08-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Deathmen, i bought it off a guy in north NJ, but it definetely isnt street plated, but i sure wish it was. It is clean as hell but already found myself missing the quad when i hit the soft sand.

Yeah it was weird with that truck yesterday, it was flying in on the main road, and we were right where it opens up to the pits. We crossed back over the tracks and into the woods and we did hear some quads in there, but thought we should let it mellow out before we go back.

So Gliddens is on the safe side now?