PDA

View Full Version : Which Pipes to get.

rob-u/21
06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
A buddy of mine has an '02 Banshee and wants a new set of pipes. I'm more of a 4 stroke guy but I told him Toomey is what i've read is the way to go. Is that correct. He will most likely ride in dunes around so cal. and mexico. What is the difference between T5 and T6?

Hondamaster5505
06-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Me personally, am not a fan of the toomey t5's at all. I don't think they sound too great and just the way they look and everything. That's JMHO.

The difference between the two, t5 and t6, is the t6 is more for stock motors while the t5's respond better to porting and stroker applications.

If he's mainly a dune rider, and plans on getting it ported, then I guess T5's are the way to go, although im not a huge fan of them.

My top choices would be: (not in order)

FMF Fatty/SST- All around
DMC 916/Alien- All around
Pro-Circut- All around
CPI- Top End (stroker/BB app)

Theres so many out there to choose from. If he doesn't plan on porting it, then I say either t6's or fatty's.

NickG5755
06-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Toomey TR-6's without a doubtttt as long as hes not doing aggressive modifications

http://www.toomey.com/html/tr6.htm

look at the dyno results if he were looking for a bit more bottom end id suggest the turners but dunes = top end aka t6's!!!!!

now thers only one more quesstion to ask does he get the bare works style or the chrome? :)

butt if he plans on doing some EXTREME porting or throwin a stroker in that beast the t-5's are the way to go

rob-u/21
06-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the replys. I dont think he wants to do to much work to the engine. He just wants to wake up his banshee a bit. I suggested a pipes/jetting/filter kit. I'm sure that is all he will need.
I'll have him look into some T6's. Thanks again.

NickG5755
06-14-2008, 02:48 PM
pipes ona banshee are liek unleashing a caged animal. esep when jumping from stock to t6's

JTRAPTOR660
06-17-2008, 01:10 PM
I have found that cpi's are really good sand pipes.