PDA

View Full Version : rear suspension dilemma

redrider05
06-13-2008, 01:09 PM
alright im sorta torn between 2 new rear suspension set ups..

the set up ive been considering the most is converting my 05 to the 06 and up set-up..consisting of a stock 06 swingarm the new tiexiera tech linkage set-up and a matching fox dsc podium for it..

my other option is a cheaper setup

gt thunder mx link and the fox dsc for that linkage...i allready have the aftermarket swingarm and to me its hard to go back to a stock cast alluminum swinger...getting the 06 aftermarket swinger is not an option!! that set up is crazy expensive

the second option is looking the best because i get a nice discount at the bike shop i work at...i can get both fox and gtthunder stuff at a nice discount..

your oppinions could really help me out thanks

d3ktrix
06-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Elka makes a real nice dual linkage that works with 05 style swingers.

That way u could keep ur 05 swinger and still run an LT shock.

redrider05
06-13-2008, 02:17 PM
im trying to stick with fox suspension since i have floats in the front allready

d3ktrix
06-13-2008, 02:52 PM
...I just said Elka linkage,, u can still run a fox shock on it.

I have a Motowoz on my Elka link.

300ex_#387
06-13-2008, 03:24 PM
I dislike my Podium DSC rear shock. I am running a LSR DC-6 linkage with my stock swingarm on my 07. I'm just having a lot of trouble with my rear shock set up. The lowest ride height I could acheive was 9 inches :(

pudamac12
06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
just because you have a fox front setup you shouldn't rule out getting a better rear shock. The podium's are nowhere near the quality of the evol. There are a lot better setups then the podium

the Z Man
06-13-2008, 04:40 PM
I would say, go with the GT Thunder set up, then if you are not satisfied you would have no problem selling it to get the other..

D Bergstrom
06-13-2008, 05:16 PM
On my 2005 450R, I am running a 2008 swingarm, DSC Fox shock, and Teixeira linkage. Ordered both the shock and linkage from Ed Teixeira. I am very happy with it. Still kind of playing with adjustments but it works well. I have called and talked to Ed a couple of times and he has great customer service. Always willing to take the time to answer my questions and explain stuff. I would recommend the setup to anyone.

Originally posted by pudamac12
The podium's are nowhere near the quality of the evol.
I must be one of the few that are not blown away with the Evols. Yes they are good shocks, but I do not think they are better then anything else. I am actually happier with the performance of the rear Podium shock then I am with the front Evols.

Doug

06-13-2008, 05:40 PM
So is it taboo to run like fox's up front and elka in back or custom axis rear and motowoz front. Are you supposed to keep it the same all around?

Dave400ex
06-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Prodigal you can run whatever you want. I have always thought it was stupid to run different brand parts though. Just personal opinion.

As for the Fox I think they are awesome shocks, but again, if the other shocks are setup right they can all be good. It's all in the setup. I think people like the Fox because of the adjustability.