PDA

View Full Version : XC tires

troybilt
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
What do you recommend as a good XC tire, front and rear? Sizes, 20, 21, 22 Fronts. etc...

What are you'all runnin?

katch26
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
I have the GNCC and I really like them. They grip very well and are lighter than the others. The only downside I see to them it that they seem to be a little undersized. I have 22 front and 20 rears and they are the same height as the stock front tires which were 21 and slightly smaller than the stock 20 rears.

MossboysRacing
06-13-2008, 07:20 PM
My brothers and I race XC and have used many tires over the years. My favorites are for MUD is 20" Razr 2's. In my opinion, they cant be beat in the Mud/rocks. For Dry/rock/hardpack, The Pirellei (sp) xc tires work great. They wear better than a razr2 and hook up great. In deep muddy ruts, they tend to pack up lose traction. For better handling, I use 21" fronts Razr 2. The shorter tire helps handle better. For muddy tracks, i run a 22 pirellei or Razr 2. (between 3 brothers, we have lots of spares to swap around) I know those tires arent in your poll, but after racing XC since 2001, this combo works great. A good compromise is a razr1. they last a while and are an all around good tire and come in all sizes.