PDA

View Full Version : Sand dunes Near New england??

NTPRacing#19
12-01-2002, 08:32 AM
i am just wonderin if there is any sand dunes near New england because me and my buddy want to go to some dunes this summer.

Jimmah
12-01-2002, 08:37 AM
I think there may be some in NY, but nothing like we read about.

CHAR250R
12-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Rhode Island. Right over the Connecticut border. You can see them from I-95 North, on the right hand side. I heard you can ride in there. Don't know where to park. Gonna check it out in the spring. Anybody else got any info on this riding spot?

NTPRacing#19
12-01-2002, 10:05 AM
ive heard of them too but i wasnt sure about it, now i am tho and we will be there this spring!

muff
12-01-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by CHAR350X
Rhode Island. Right over the Connecticut border. You can see them from I-95 North, on the right hand side. I heard you can ride in there. Don't know where to park. Gonna check it out in the spring. Anybody else got any info on this riding spot?

when i've gone by i've seen a couple of bikes and quads out there but i dont think riding there is permitted
some of my friends went riding on the other side of the highway where the giant gravel bank is by BJ's, just as they were leaving to go back home the cops showed up, so I don't think they let you ride there :(

muff
12-01-2002, 10:59 AM
hey char350x where abouts do you ride, got any good spots by your house?

we've got some stuff here in southeast conn. but nothing real good except for a local track and some trails

CHAR250R
12-02-2002, 04:52 AM
Down the street from my house. I have a trail across the street from my house that connects alot of the local trails. My family has a house in Wetherly, PA. That's where I do most of my riding. They break your balls too much in CT.

Knight440
12-02-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by muff

when i've gone by i've seen a couple of bikes and quads out there but i dont think riding there is permitted
some of my friends went riding on the other side of the highway where the giant gravel bank is by BJ's, just as they were leaving to go back home the cops showed up, so I don't think they let you ride there :(

The hole state is off limit's to ATV and Dirt bikes from what i have heard we have been down there before and talked to some of the locals that ride there and said it's fun but be ready to fly if the cops show up
:grr