PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor Nerfs

represent618
06-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Just My experience:

I bought the Pro Armor Black nerf bars (non heel guard type) and they were a VERY poor fit on my 07 450R.

They needed a lot of bending and binding. The slip connection between the bars, between the A-Arms ends up slipping about 1/2 inch together upon mounting up to the A-Arms......

this is not a bash, just my experience, hope it helps someone...

BUT: They look good.

TWISTED
06-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Now mine fit great, but six months down the road they were cracked up everywhere..............

04TRX400EX
06-15-2008, 02:49 AM
This is not something that you commonly hear about Pro Armor products. Generally, people hold their products in very high regards because they hold up very well and usually fit perfectly with no modifications or alterations needed. Your fitment problems and poor wear are more characteristic of AC or some other brands.

Just wondering if either of you contacted Pro Armor directly with your issues. From personal experience and from what I hear from others, they provide great support and would probably help you out by replacing them or something.

esr250r86
06-15-2008, 02:44 PM
everyone I know with pro armors has had a problem or two with them. Usually cracking or heel guards coming off.I have a set on mine and they have cracked in like four different places. They are the pro-peg ones. They are nice nerf bars and are super comfortable its just they arent the strongest. Now that I got them welded up and stuff they are holding up pretty good! But they tend to flex a lil.lol.

TWISTED
06-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
This is not something that you commonly hear about Pro Armor products. Generally, people hold their products in very high regards because they hold up very well and usually fit perfectly with no modifications or alterations needed. Your fitment problems and poor wear are more characteristic of AC or some other brands.

Just wondering if either of you contacted Pro Armor directly with your issues. From personal experience and from what I hear from others, they provide great support and would probably help you out by replacing them or something.

There was somebody from Pro Armor that used to come on the site, and say if anyone had any questions to ask, so I pm'd her and never got a response....... Except for graphics, I have all their products on my bike and everything else has held up great......

iiidreamiii
06-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I installed a set of the Pro Armor Fat Peg W/Heel Guards on my 04 450R and they absolutely did not line up. They was 2 inches off on the A Arm and the Chassis. And K&K Atv would not replace them. And Pro Armor never called me back when I had asked them about my nerfs. But I got them on there. I had to alter them but they are durable so far. Every Nerf Bar with Heel guards is going to crack at the Heel guard. Nothings perfect. Just maintain them and take care of them and they will last! So beware of products you buy from K&K Atv and Pro Armor.

06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
where are you guys getting the cracks? the flat piece that connects the tubing to the frame where the peg is?

04TRX400EX
06-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Well, I seem to stand corrected. I've had my Pro Armors for almost a year now with no problems (knock on wood) and seem to hear good things from others. All of your issues concern me a bit and makes me wonder if maybe I'm just lucky or something :confused:

represent618
06-16-2008, 07:42 AM
My bars are the newer style ones that mount to the Lower A-Arm mounts.

They were a couple inches (at least) from lining up out of the box.

I had to mount them in the front and bend/force them up and inwards toward the pegs to make my drill marks, I had the nerf bars resting on my knees with the weight of the bike forcing them up and was able to get one bolt started on the peg after making some initial bends to the mount tabs in a vice.....

No response from Pro Armor, yet, the dealer can`t really be held responsible for the craftmanship of the product, so I understand their angle.

The worst fitting product I have ever purchased, I have been riding/racing for 21 years.

arTuReX
06-20-2008, 09:19 AM
This is funny for me couse i found a set of Nerf with heelguards dirt cheap on ebay, in the description said, holes dont line up, but it was cheap so i got them anyways!, install them, didnt strugle too much and now im super happy i got them!:D

06-20-2008, 10:06 AM
mine lined up on my 450r with no problem and i just put the exact same ones on my 400ex with out a single issue...

zdowell
06-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I got the proarmor nerfs that come with the pro pegs or what ever they were called and heel guards. They were a pain to put on. Had to bend and tweak to get them to fit. and the holes that mount the nerfs to the pegs I have to drill out in order to make fit. I love the nerfs, just wish they fitted better. I have a 04 450r btw.

06-21-2008, 10:31 AM
do all of you that have had trouble have your peg mounts on the correct side

TWISTED
06-21-2008, 12:51 PM
I did........

represent618
06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
well. they really could only go onto one side of the peg, unless you used extreme measures to force them behind?

I have mounted numerour pairs of nerfs prior, this is the only set that I had a nightmare install with. The fit is just really, really poor.

Nick110
06-24-2008, 11:30 AM
My buddy has gone through 3 sets on his ltr. From my experience they are horrible, break every time he rides.

RATH is the way to go for nerfs.

represent618
06-24-2008, 11:48 AM
when I replace these, I am going blingstar to match my Iron Cross front Bumber, which looks and fits great by the way.

Nick110
06-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by represent618
when I replace these, I am going blingstar to match my Iron Cross front Bumber, which looks and fits great by the way.

Ha, why dont people just take the easy route and go with whats proven? Blingstar sucks just as bad, I know from experience. I had blingstar before my Raths and the Raths are much much better quality.

represent618
06-24-2008, 12:28 PM
I haven`t broken anything blingstar yet, not to say that it is the best on the market or anything, but has been good for me to date.

I haev never ran anything from RATH...no opinion on them.