PDA

View Full Version : Road Legal?

baldathoR
06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Don't know exactly where to put this, figured this was as good as any.

I know I have seen road legal quads before.

Does anyone have one?

What is required?

Brake light, headlight, signals, quiet muffler?

Plate?

Thanks, guys.

trick450r
06-13-2008, 01:54 PM
dont bother not happening...unless you convert to a three wheel setup.

fastredrider44
06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
They even won't allow a three wheeler conversion in most places. I got a bike. Converted it over, and that was enough of a hassle.

pro-rider46
06-13-2008, 03:49 PM
uhh, some states allow street legal quads.

you will need...

plate.
horn
mirrors
turn signals
lights
probably dot aproved tires
and inspection, insurance, registration stuff.

Rip_Tear
06-13-2008, 04:12 PM
It's all about where you live and the laws, seriously go to your local vehicle department and find out everywhere is different.

Here although I'm in Canada I can ride my ATV on any ROAD (not highway) I want, but I'm not suppose to go over 50km/hr and I am not allowed any "modifications", which actually means none, although that isn't inforced, but we do not need lights, signals, horn etc. But that is only in the township I am in and not everywhere in Canada.

trx450r ryder
06-15-2008, 04:06 PM
yeah it all depends where u live ,somne states u dont give a **** wat u do but some states u have to do modifications and it depends wat states as to wat modifications

mittman
06-15-2008, 09:34 PM
i may be wrong on this but cant you drive a rhino 10miles from your home but i would think you would need horn,singals ECT right?

06-16-2008, 10:04 AM
actually in the state of Florida they tried to pass a law for ATV to BE street legal but every county turned it down! Then they came back with another one making it they can only ride on nonpaved roads that have a speed limit under 35MPH and most counties voted it down but there are a few that didnt.

400exkid2
06-16-2008, 02:36 PM
i think all we need is south dakota is a mirrors an lights

rundrave
06-16-2008, 02:47 PM
yes here in south dakota you can ride them on the roads, but you need to have it registered as a motorcycle and have a license plate, mirrors and lights

also I think there some rule about running radial tires and not knobby tires because they throw rocks, but Im not certain on that

i see all kinds of quads on the road from sport quads, utility quads and even side by sides