PDA

View Full Version : help on 4 stroke rebulid

4-strokeinNJ
12-01-2002, 07:48 AM
ilet me tell u what i did i put new piston and ring 's in my 300 ex but the timing got all mest up the cam chain got lose and fell and i dont kno what to do frome this point on so if any body could help me out wit my 300 ex plezzzzz help

250xman
12-01-2002, 02:16 PM
my motor is in peices in my garage right now. do you mean that the cam chain fell into the chain hole? if so then the best thing to do is get a small magnet thats really strong and fix i tonto a coathanger and drop it in the hole and let it stick to the chain then pull it up. it happend to me on friday so dont worry about it. as far as timing goes i have no idea but im gonna need to know soon. anyone know how?

4-strokeinNJ
12-01-2002, 05:27 PM
if u find out what to do after i get my cam chain and every thing ready to go let me kno what the next step is or if any body else does let me kno also

TRX_Thumper
12-01-2002, 06:57 PM
take off the timin caps on the left sidecase...line up the T mark on the flywheel to the mark on the casing...then look at a manual or maybe u remember the way the gear was on the cam....it must be in time 2....then there will be 2 marks on the timin gear after u get the cam in place with the chain on...align those 2 marks level with the head...

4-strokeinNJ
12-01-2002, 07:24 PM
ight i have the fly wheel lined up on the lil arow on the left side case now what u saying i dont get with it must be in time 2.... wha tthat mean or are thee marks ont he cam chain that i need to line up on the cam to have every thing the right way let me kno thanks kyle
:D

TRX_Thumper
12-01-2002, 07:35 PM
i mean the cam gear must be properly aligned with the cam...then u can line up the 2 marks and make them level on the head

joeroadking
12-01-2002, 09:24 PM
get a manual, it is important you do this right!