PDA

View Full Version : Dirtwheels alba shoot out

upstate rider
12-01-2002, 06:21 AM
1st place z400 overall , 2nd place Raptor , 3rd Banshee , 4th DS650 and 5th and last Cannondale Moto 440. You would think Cannondale could of come in alittle higher. As Dirtwheels puts it ( It ran well but at $12,449 we felt it was not as good a valve as most of its competition)

12-01-2002, 06:26 AM
yea i think that that was rigged how did a 400cc 4 stroke beat a 250 twin 2 stroke and a 650 cc 4 stroke and 660 cc 4 stroke no thats not rigged at all though. lol but its still amusing to read. Whaqt real pissed me off is in the wide open section tey did a lil write up about what they think of every major atv company but they somehow forget to include honda. I love how honda has gone and shoot themselffs in the foot the really really need to come out with something fast.
killer

upstate rider
12-01-2002, 06:43 AM
It would of been nice to see how the 400ex did , but I don't think alba makes anything for Honda ( maybe wrong on this ) so maybe thats why Honda wasn't included

12-01-2002, 06:45 AM
it would have but it prolly would have been killed if it was. It might have goten top handeling though
killer

Tommy 17
12-01-2002, 07:43 AM
dirt wheels makes me so mad!!!!! heres what they say about the new kfx400...

the swingarm angle is a tad to severe on this machine, causing excessives chain torque. this means under hard accelerations, the tension on the drive chain is so severe, it causes the rear suspension to expand and almost lock open. this makes for a rough ride over acceleration bumps and contributes to excessive wheel spin...

but wait its also the best handling, suspension and traction quad:rolleyes: give me a freakin break... they are so stupid

Guy400
12-01-2002, 07:45 AM
Now you know why I cancelled my subscription nearly 2 years ago:rolleyes:

12-01-2002, 08:16 AM
nothing like money motivated opinions:(

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-01-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Guy432
Now you know why I cancelled my subscription nearly 2 years ago:rolleyes:

Same here...the only thing those mags are good for is toilet paper :blah

Guy400
12-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7

Same here...the only thing those mags are good for is toilet paper :blah That's a little harsh...but they do work well for starting a fire in my fireplace:D

Actually, DW is alright for some of the pics and the occasional tech article about a builder's piece but I totally ignore the shootouts and "first ride" articles. Everytime the newest quad is the best thing since sliced bread. What bothers me more than anything is to see one quad win all the performance measures (MX track, drags, handling, etc.) but then the other quad is given the win because of some arbitrary, objective opinion of an editor. If a certain quad is out of your price range why even test it against the others? I can probably have just as much fun riding with my friends on a 300EX as I can on my Cannibal but that doens't make it a shootout winner because of the fun vs. cost factor?!

Woodsrider
12-01-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7

Same here...the only thing those mags are good for is toilet paper :blah

Too glossy for toilet paper:blah

Jimmah
12-01-2002, 08:41 AM
I like DW for pics, letters, and news on new products. I pretty much ignore all the other sections.

Atreyu
12-01-2002, 09:03 AM
$$$$$$ is all DW is seing

Quadracer5
12-01-2002, 12:10 PM
I too have a subscription, but like most everyone else I look at it for the pictures, tech articles, and aftermarket parts. Any phrase with the word shootout in it should be ignored, lol. On why the 400EX wasn't included, Alba doesn't sell Honda, so there you have it.

Kyle

12-01-2002, 12:14 PM
DW does whatever the company pays them to do :grr

TheRedRebel17
12-01-2002, 12:14 PM
well.....thats just crap.......wait there already is crap on there :eek: :devil :D

Castor-426ex
12-01-2002, 12:42 PM
yeah dont use dirtwheels for tp...too glossy...yeah...it would be like wiping your *** with a peice of glass...sure it might get the job done...but if you slip...you might have a new opening.:eek: :eek:

CBRSLIDER
12-01-2002, 12:58 PM
If you're going to use it for toilet paper, ya gotta rough it up a little to give it some traction. :eek:

Actually, DW is getting more and more pathetic in my opinion. But we keep fueling their fire with continued support. Every issue is the biggest and most color ever. I am guilty of reading it and mostly look at the ads. I look forward to my atvsport every month or so, and could really careless about the DW or 4wheel action. Or whatever they call it now. Which that's even a bigger can of worms to open there with that mag. $5+ for a skinny cut down version of DW. Kinda insults our intelligence. But hey I guess if ya don't like it then don't buy it. That's just my opinion.

Ray

Castor-please don't talk about a possible paper cut on your ......:huh

Guy400
12-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by CBRSLIDER
If you're going to use it for toilet paper, ya gotta rough it up a little to give it some traction. :eek:

Actually, DW is getting more and more pathetic in my opinion. But we keep fueling their fire with continued support. Every issue is the biggest and most color ever. I am guilty of reading it and mostly look at the ads. I look forward to my atvsport every month or so, and could really careless about the DW or 4wheel action. Or whatever they call it now. Which that's even a bigger can of worms to open there with that mag. $5+ for a skinny cut down version of DW. Kinda insults our intelligence. But hey I guess if ya don't like it then don't buy it. That's just my opinion.

Ray

Castor-please don't talk about a possible paper cut on your ......:huh Notice that DW and 4Wheel ATV Action are both published by Hi-Torque?

upstate rider
12-02-2002, 04:46 AM
Maybe someone should send in a comment to dirtwheels and ask them why they don't use Tim Farr or someone every one knows for there shootouts. I'm sure each Atv company would love to have the top 10 riders riding there machine

skinrider440
12-02-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by KiLLeR300EX
yea i think that that was rigged how did a 400cc 4 stroke beat a 250 twin 2 stroke

a shee is a 350 twin

12-02-2002, 07:27 AM
LOL, you guys know the funny thing, in a high performance shootout thier suppose to pick the best high performance quad right? well i was reading the z400-cannibal shootout and the c dale won every category but the z 400 won the shootout, thier reasoning was the dale was too much for a beginner, wtf!it was high performance not beginner they even said all of the riders disagreed with them, you know why the people running the mag are over the hill undertalented overweight trail riders that just wanna ride around, thier not giving real riders or racers the truth of which is a better quad!

oh yeah, any time a new quad comes out its the best, then when another one comes out its the best and the other one suddenly has all these faults:huh

RideRed04
12-02-2002, 09:50 AM
I am going to write them a letter, that artical actually made me sick to my stomach thinking about the repercussions. They cut the cannondale because it was set up for high speeds. They cut the dale because it had snappy power. They also said that the raptor beat the dale and the ds....there is a big change from past tests. The makers are going to see this and start making slower cheap quads. According to that artical, the 400ex should have won every shootout it entered. Cheap, easy power to use, gets awsome traction, awsome suspention... I dont get it. Just be looking for a letter from me next month in dirtwheels.

upstate rider
12-02-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
Just be looking for a letter from me next month in dirtwheels. Can't wait to see the reply they give you

phatswinn
12-02-2002, 03:37 PM
i got the answer to every question ever asked about the shootouts in dirt wheels, because they are BS! they go with the new machine that pays the most to win, my bets are that they dont even knwo hwo to ride all that well....