PDA

View Full Version : another kill switch question

quadracer99
06-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Okay, so i searched around here and on trx450r.org. I wired the kill switch like the "How To" said on the 450r.org... basically here is my problem... It works backwards, when i have the kill switch un-hooked it starts and when i hook it back up it quits. I have tried several wiring ways and it either doesnt start at all, stays started, or works backwards.
I have been wiring it to the kill button on the handlebars by using the black/white tracer wire and also the green/black dashed wire. i also made the mistake of wiring right to the red wire to the key switch and blew a fuse, then letft the fuse out, hooked it up again, put new fuse in and blew that one ... so now im dead in the water and would like to know how to hook it up correctly.

Its on an '07 450er, i would like to keep the key as much as possible, but if not, would i have to splice in to the black/white traced wire comming from the key switch?

06-12-2008, 11:08 AM
splice into the black and white traced wire coming from your factory killswitch. and ground the other wire. i have the exact same quad exact same killswitch, works for me.

quadracer99
06-12-2008, 11:11 AM
alright here is my question to that.
Should i leave the wire hooked up to the factory kill, open the covering and just wrap the wire around it... or cut the wire and then hook it up to the wire comming out of the factory kill or the wire leading down that will no long be hooked the to factory kill?

also, i do not have a pro design kill, i have a pingle kill switch... the one that has 2 wires and a plunger looking thing insted of the hook style like the pro design

06-12-2008, 01:33 PM
just open the cover and wrap it around the factory killswitch wire then wrap it with electrical tape.

06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
the green wire is the ground, the black with a white stripe wire is the kill switch.

quadracer99
06-12-2008, 08:38 PM
alright, here is another question. Does it matter where i splice the wire? because i was searching around and the black wire comming off the factory kill joins with another black wire then become one? does it matter if i hook it up to the wire after the "join" or straight to the wire comming right off the factory kill?

06-12-2008, 09:55 PM
hmm. i dont remember that. but id splice it to the single wire coming out of the stock killswitch before the "join" you speak of.

quadracer99
06-12-2008, 11:01 PM
ill snap a pic of it when i get home.

06-13-2008, 05:33 PM
it doesnt really matter where you splice it first because if it doesnt work then you can just take it off and wrap the other wire up with electrical tape and then try the other part. it wont mess anything up.

quadracer99
06-13-2008, 06:29 PM
alright, sounds good. im about to go try this out while im here at work.
Thank you all for your help and info!!