PDA

View Full Version : 250x vrs blasturd

BARRY
11-30-2002, 11:07 PM
i have a good friend who has a stock 1992 250x he has about 200 bucks to spend . what do you think he should buy to smoke a 94 blasturd . does he have a chance on straighte aways or in tight woods?are 250xs worth putting money into or should he save for a new bike. can he at least smoke warriors for 200 in mods. any suggestions will be helpfull.this is my only honda connection in the neighborhood and i dont want to lose him to the darkside.

2fastandfurious
12-01-2002, 06:32 AM
This is some of the stuff I have on my 92' 250x (LOL! The "cheap" stuff) (All the mods are below..)
-K&N and Precharger, Thats about $50.00
-Get a used aftermarket pipe off ebay. Pretty cheap. Just be wise when picking.
As far as beating the blasturd, I have raced a warrior before and it was WAY close. The warrior did have quite a few mods, but so do I. I think with the K&N you should be able to. Probably a close race though.
-Any body esle out there street race there quads :devil :cool:
-I LOVE whooping the civics : )

3traxrider320
12-01-2002, 11:21 AM
get a used pipe in good condition from somebody.

ESR250R
12-01-2002, 11:25 AM
i would say to buy a new pipe and it should run about even with a piped blaster. when your dealing with a 250x u cant really judge what it can and cant beat because they are so old. it really depends on the riders, how old the x is and how old the blaster is. and tuning really plays a big part in it a well. i would say a good running stock blaster vs a good running stock 250x is all determined by which rider is better

Honda250XRacer
12-01-2002, 04:07 PM
were do you find these parts at on ebay and how ?

2fastandfurious
12-01-2002, 04:15 PM
type in 250x or 350x
Then look through all the items and pick which pipe you want
-Ben

Honda250XRacer
12-01-2002, 04:17 PM
ok thanx..:huh

Ryan
12-01-2002, 04:54 PM
A Blasturd? :huh

a 250x with a pipe,K&N air filter, Jet kit ect won't be the blaster in a drag. In the woods to me its stability and how its geared.

But its all the rider. I would tell him to save maybe for another quad if he is just getting bored with it.

badass250x
12-28-2002, 10:12 PM
a 250x with a pipe,K&N air filter, Jet kit ect will beat a blaster in a drag!?!?!

moshman355
12-29-2002, 08:06 AM
i run a 87 250x on stock bore with stock gearing a dg krome light pipe and silencer and uni filter and air box lid mods no jetting.i consistently smoked my wifes warrior with a dg pipe and 20 over bore on it.on the top end though it would get past me.a blaster is probably going to smoke you in adrag race unless you can pull a wheelie thru 3 gears on your holeshot and keep it pinned.the trick is and listen up you 300ex';s and 250's,you cant irepeat cant
rev the crap out of the little 4 strokes.i see a lot of guys hitting the rev limiter during a drag race.the trick is (SHORT SHIFT)YOU WILL ACTUALLY ACCELERATE FASTER BECUASE YOU KEEP THE MOTOR IN THE MEAT OF THE TOURQE RANGE.OR IF YOU ARE LIKE ME,IWENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET.STILL THE FABULOUS BANSHEE.NOW NO-ONE BEATS ME IN ADRAG RACE ON ANY BIKE.I LOVE HONDAS BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE BUILT THE BANSHEE.BY THE WAY SECRETS PREVENT ME FROM TELLING YOU HOW TO OUT PUTT ANY 4 STROKE ON MY BANSHEE.BUT ICAN CREEP UP ANY HILL SLOWER THAN ANY 4 STROKE ON THE PLANET WITH MY BANSHEE WITHOUT SLIPPING THE CLUTCH.HA HAH A

NTPRacing#19
12-29-2002, 08:25 AM
i dont htink you can creep up any hill on a banshee any slower than a 4 stroke! i think your dreamin to much

ESR250R
12-29-2002, 08:30 AM
and thats what everybody at attica thinks about there banshee until i smoke them. i will tell u everything that i raced last time i was there about 12 banshees, 1 tec 4 250, 10 raptors and 8 400ex's. i got smoked by the tec 4 by probably 4 ft at the end (i was suprised) but i managed to beat all the banshees but one that i constantly tied with and i magaged to beat all the raptors but one that i constantly tied with.

Sportrax10
12-29-2002, 11:41 AM
I thought a 300ex was about even with a Blaster, and I also thought that a 250x is faster then a Blaster. I may be wrong but I say stock vs stock a 250x will win. Plus, my friend told me he didnt notice too much power gain with just a slip-on compared to the full exhaust on his Blaster. Thats just what he said, could be wrong also.

toby400ex
12-29-2002, 12:40 PM
its amazing how close a drag race is between mine and a stock blaster, but i did way about 50 punds more than the blaster rider, i would say it will all come down to the condition of the 250x and the riders.

Rastus
12-29-2002, 07:34 PM
it will all depend on the rider.

I'd say a nice running stock blaster against anice running 250X would be pretty even if they had the same rider.

After mods it's hard to tell what one would be better. You'd have to make sure each is jetted right, etc to get good results.

Turbo B
12-29-2002, 08:19 PM
I just responded to another post about a Blaster. Funny everyone is so consumed on trying to smoke this little outdated quad. Anyway, back when I had my Blaster, a friend of mine had a 250X, circa 1987. This was back in 1993 if I remember and my Blaster was an '88 so niether quad was new, but nor were they very old. My Blaster had a few mods, reeds, jetting and the like ( stock exhaust) and my friend's 250X had a Supertrap slip-on. That Supertrap worked real nice on the 250X. We raced all the time and I would smoke him on the top end big time. Acceleration wise, my Blaster would pull about two quad lengths everytime. I was always suprised that I wasn't even faster than him, but the 250X kept right up. In the woods, or over fast rough terrain, the tables turned and he would always win. Just my 2 cents.

Rastus
12-29-2002, 08:53 PM
Sounds good :)

Todd
12-29-2002, 09:09 PM
i know i will get ragged for this but my daughter blew her blaster up had to hone it out .80 over has a uni filter stock gearing every thing else was stock except for minor jetting changes no jet kit and my 300 ex piped jetted k&n no air box lid everything else stock. it was not a standing still take off but a 1st gear roll off and she steadily pulled away ( pissed me off) i know weight was a factor but she had only ridden the quad a few times my buddy on a 02 warrior with pretty much the same mods as mine couldnt even pull around her even in the upper gears . the blaster is an 88 my 300 is a 00 . since hers has been piped jetted more and i dont care for a rematch.