PDA

View Full Version : 07 Rincon trouble

extreme750
06-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I have an 07 rincon 700 fuel injected and wanted to see if some one could help me here before i give the dealer the rest of my money.

The problem I have is it won't idle down, It sat all winter inside my garage but i started it up once a month to keep thing in order, the battery never died and it always started, But I wanted to go riding and noticed that the idle won't go down, The only way I could get it in gear is to shut the bike down put it in gear then start it up,
I changed the fuel in the tank, clean the air filter and still no change, so then I started the bike and sprayed carb cleaner around the intake to see if there was a change in the idle but nothing,

I sorry to run on like this but just want you to understand the situation but please help.

NJChris
06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Sounds like your throttle isnt closing all the way. Check your cables and thumb throttle.

extreme750
06-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I took the cables off at the throttle and still the same problem, I never dealt with this fuel injection stuff so Im a little reluctant to pull apart the throttle body.
But i figured there could only be a fuel injector and the throttle flap.

biggspew
09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Most likely your IACV is bad. The 2006 models are noted for having them go bad (mine did). It is a simple fix and should be under waranty with your bike. Take it to your dealer and tell him the idle is not right. I bet the first thing he checks is the IACV.
Good Luck,
Biggspew;)

extreme750
09-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the reply, but my warranty was for only 6months and I had this bike for about two years now.

Would you happen to know where the IACV is located?

biggspew
09-18-2008, 08:29 AM
left hand side back of throttle body. It takes a 5mm allen wrench with the little ball on the end. Some guys have had luck taking it out and cleaning it but most replace. If you go to rinconriders.com and search IACV the full instructions can be found for removal/replacement and/ or cleaning.
Good Luck,
John