PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys do when your trying your hardest...?

ZSNOW
06-11-2008, 01:26 PM
well to start off. i have never been a good writer, and this year i have this teacher that just will not except that im trying my hardest. the other day i got a writing peice back that was a 67 because it was a day late(i was sick the day before) and then today i passed in a make up peice to bring my grade up. my dad has helped me with the peice all night and guess what, she cut my grade in half! i now went from a C in her class to an F in a few hours!:confused: :mad: :ermm:

what do you guys do when you have trouble like this? i have 2 weeks of school left and she says i have to ace everything to even pass her class. and if i fail. i can say good by to my quad and racing :mad:

06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
hack the computer system changing your grade (or when they are not looking)

take the class over

bribe them

try for some extra credit

ask to re do the paper

cut their brake lines (not recomended and it wont really solve your failing problem lol)

study and ace everything so you can pass (easiest)

ZSNOW
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
i can't redo the paper again. plus she'd cut it down even more probably. my dad says shes teaching me a lesson for passing things in late. thats not fair, i had the flu!

Hondamaster5505
06-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
i can't redo the paper again. plus she'd cut it down even more probably. my dad says shes teaching me a lesson for passing things in late. thats not fair, i had the flu!

I hate to say it, and hate to do it, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

Suck up to her. Be a little class pet. She'll be easier on your grades.

Im in the same situation. What I been doing is hanging out with the really smart kids. sometimes they help explain things better that the teachers do.
Also, study super hard, and hand everything in. dont even skip a homework assignment.

My dad said, either I pass, or the following:

Not be allowed to ride the whole summer
Go to summer school and stil be allowed to ride.

So I better pass, and ive been working my arse off, but its paying off.

250r rider 88
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
does your school have a policy on being sick, most schools have some type of policy that lets say you are out sick for whatever reason for 2 days, you have 2 days to make up that work once it is given to you

if your school has a policy like this i would take it up with the principal or vice principal

but i agree that she is trying to teach you a lesson but there are times in life that they have to excuse you and let you catch up

ZSNOW
06-11-2008, 01:45 PM
theres supposed to be a policy on being sick. if your not at school that day for what ever reason you get an extra day to make it up. AND we have a policy for our school that says if your work is considered late it is 10 points off. which she didn't use either of them.

250r rider 88
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
then take your rule book to the principal and talk to him in an adult mature manner (wining does not go far ever in these situations) if he doesnt make her reverse the grade then you step up and use the big boy voice and say :well i guess the school board will here about this" or something along those lines

those rules are usually set by the school boards and agreed on by the entire faculty of the school and they are therefore bound by that rule book to the rules

if you follow them then so should they

just my 2 cents hopefully it works out for you, if you do talk to the principal or anyone just stay calm and dont yell or over react listen to what they say and make your case, if it helps you to pre-think out whatyour going to say then do it, just dont make yourself look like the ***

ZSNOW
06-11-2008, 02:53 PM
goin in tmrw to talk to the principal.

250r rider 88
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
good luck

just be like mr.______ i follow these rules and my parents and i expect the teachers who educate me to follow them as well.

worst case is he kicks you out of his office, if he does go to the vice principal if he does the same go o your counselor do whatever it takes to keep it from the school board that is a last case scenario

i fought this when i was in school and luckily it never had to go that far but i did threaten it and they made the teacher reverse her wrong doing

good luck bro

ZSNOW
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
thanks for all the help dude. hoepfully this works. i hate people who make rules and don't follow there own rules lol

250r rider 88
06-11-2008, 04:56 PM
just remember this you act upon something like a man you be prepared to take the consequences like a man- this was some of the best advice i ever recieved

things may not go the way you want but at the end of the day if you stand up for what you know is right in your heart thats all that matters

give 'em hell bro

Warnerade
06-11-2008, 05:44 PM
get better under the table skills...

06-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
get better under the table skills...

I usually get something to eat and try again.

If that doesn't work...I go to bed.

KXRida
06-11-2008, 07:44 PM
It's always better to keep up than catch up. I dunno what to tell you. I always try to have my grades up pretty good just incase something like that would happen. I know my college policy is after 5 school days after your return it's late. I'm sure your school has a policy similar. My high school was three days. Did you turn it in when you got back?

jesseweaver
06-11-2008, 10:16 PM
this year i got a couple of pictures of my science teacher and all of his buddies drinking off of his iPod and long story short, i aced his class:)

06-12-2008, 12:05 AM
If you want to piss her off, print off another copy and have a second opinion. Get another teacher to grade it. Most teachers have a lot of english in college. If they strongly disagree with her, make a case. Although if you were getting a higher grade to start with you would not be in this situation. It's not the last F that causes you to fail, it's the first 30 that you turned it.

ZSNOW
06-12-2008, 04:29 AM
i passed in the paper as soon as i got back.

btw this is the first F i have ever gotten in my life. i gett C's mostly B's and a's in all my classes. this is my first time with an F

06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Sweet talk her, buy her dinner, make love to her...Say you wore a condom, and when she gets pregnant...

Punch her in the stomach. Teach that ho she needs to not be disrespectin'.

mx428
06-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Learn spelling and grammar. Ask her for help with papers if you're not a good writer.

mx428
06-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
this year i got a couple of pictures of my science teacher and all of his buddies drinking off of his iPod and long story short, i aced his class:) Teachers are allowed to consumer alcohol just like everyone else:rolleyes:

ZSNOW
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
my spelling and grammar is perfect, haha. just its not so great on the computer because i write on forums the same way i talk. i write things for class the way someone with knowledge talks ;)

Warnerade
06-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Teachers are allowed to consumer alcohol just like everyone else:rolleyes: consume*

jesseweaver
06-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Teachers are allowed to consumer alcohol just like everyone else:rolleyes:

yeah but not allowed to brag about it and show off to the kids