PDA

View Full Version : itp holeshots slideout?

supraloud84
06-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Hey guys. I have the itp holeshots on the rear of my 400ex and it seems to me that they tend to slide out a little too much. I love the forward bite of these tires but they seem to want to slide out from side to side quite a bit. When riding dirt roads and such I have to back off due to the rear of the quad slidng around. Anyhow, I was wondering if anybody else has had the same type of issues with these tires. It is really starting to get to me due to the fact that I end up behind the guys I ride with with slower machines on dirt roads and such cause it feels like the quad is gonna go sideways on me.

06-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by supraloud84
Hey guys. I have the itp holeshots on the rear of my 400ex and it seems to me that they tend to slide out a little too much. I love the forward bite of these tires but they seem to want to slide out from side to side quite a bit. When riding dirt roads and such I have to back off due to the rear of the quad slidng around. Anyhow, I was wondering if anybody else has had the same type of issues with these tires. It is really starting to get to me due to the fact that I end up behind the guys I ride with with slower machines on dirt roads and such cause it feels like the quad is gonna go sideways on me.

lower the PSI in the tire. I have had stock tires slide out and over slide from not having the right PSI.

plunge
06-11-2008, 04:36 PM
just hold the throttle to the grips and powerslide like you mean it

supraloud84
06-12-2008, 04:50 AM
The quad will slide a corner like its nobodys bussiness. I love it when i'm actually cornering. But, it fishtails pretty heavy just goin straight. I run 5.5 psi in the rear tires as far as air pressure goes.

06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by supraloud84
The quad will slide a corner like its nobodys bussiness. I love it when i'm actually cornering. But, it fishtails pretty heavy just goin straight. I run 5.5 psi in the rear tires as far as air pressure goes.

try 4 or 5 PSI so it grabs more but still slides when you want it.

BlaineKaiser450
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
try 4 or 5 PSI so it grabs more but still slides when you want it. X2

fmftrx300ex
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
ya play with ur tire pressure itll help i run 4 in my holeshot hds. they stay flat at the treads amasing traction

400exrider707
06-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Which series of holeshots do you have. Some of them are designed to slide out like the holeshot SX. The knobs on the outside of the tire are rounded off so they slide easier.

scott222
06-17-2008, 03:11 PM
tire pressure is a big deal i like my stocks like that cuz i throw the back end which ever way i want a buddy was riding behind me one day and said i got almost sideways still goin staight lol

Black R/T
06-20-2008, 06:20 PM
4.5 psi in my HDs. incredible side bite. you have to mash the throttle to get it sideways and stay on it. if you let off while sideways, get ready to dismount, haha.