PDA

View Full Version : Idaho

smelly$cat
06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Anyone live in Idaho and able to comment on the area as far as riding goes? I'm familiar with St. Anthony's dunes, but, are there many other places to ride? Thinking of moving to the Boise area.

Also, how about lakes? We have a boat. Is there much boating to do in Idaho?

Thanks!

Jeff

seven
06-12-2008, 07:12 AM
We have a ton of riding here. Here is a local website
idahoatv.net

QuadJunkies
06-12-2008, 11:47 AM
We too are from Idaho.
Welcome to the site .:)
There are alot of places to go boating around here. If you like to hunt, fish and camp theres lots of that here as well.
what types of riding do you do and what kind of quad?

smelly$cat
06-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the replies and the link. I'll check that out here shortly.

I have 2 400ex's. Both are worked over. 1 is a 426 now and the other is a 440. I also have 2 TRX 90's for the kids.

We just came back from St. Anthony's dunes last weekend for the first time. I was blown away! I've been to the Oregon Coast and Little Sahara down in Utah, but, I think St. Anthony's takes the cake. Some of those dunes were enormous!

I'm just a casual rider, dunes and trails. Never raced or anything. Been riding since I was 6 or so on my ATC 110 :) I'm 30 now.

smelly$cat
06-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Here's some pics of me at St. Anthony's on my 440....

smelly$cat
06-17-2008, 09:51 AM

smelly$cat
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM

smelly$cat
06-17-2008, 09:56 AM

QuadJunkies
06-17-2008, 11:24 AM
VERY nice!!
I too have a 440ex.
My kids have a Hybrid 101 (thats my girls)and a DRX 90(My Son). We race mainly in the WORCS series and local stuff.
I miss St A's; MY Husband and I used to go every year.:(
Its some of the best sand riding .
Hopefully oncew my Husband starts making some decent $$ at his new job, he can swing for buying a quad.
We too are in our 30's. We shoud meet up sometime and do a little trail riding. Theres alot of locals thats do that also. :)
Idaho City and Silver City have some great trail systems.
http://www.pbase.com/image/60939119/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/60939118.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/93992363.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/93044787/original.jpghttp://www.pbase.com/image/60939119/large.jpg

smelly$cat
06-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I like your 440! I've thought about going with Orange Full Bore's some day when these current ones wear out. Your bike has a good look all around :)

Great pics of your kids as well!

Well, if I end up moving over there, I'll drop you a line and we can set up a time to go riding some time!

sparksmakefire
06-17-2008, 03:07 PM
i ride st. anthony and in the hills around rexburg and towards salmon.

QuadJunkies
06-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by sparksmakefire
i ride st. anthony and in the hills around rexburg and towards salmon.
Thanks smelly$cat! I wanted something dif. than anyone else,so that why I went with Orange and Purple.
Orange is one of my favorite colors. :)

Do they still use the MX track in Salmon?

sparksmakefire
06-18-2008, 06:26 AM
a common place for the locals around here is 8 mile, stoddard crick, birch creek and st anthony dunes. i ride up around wolf mans cabin in rexburg. up the canyons towards salmon but lots of mtn lions and bears up there thats where i go deer hunting. beautiful country up there. there is a mx track in rexburg just off of highway 20 right next to rexburg motorsports.

smelly$cat
06-18-2008, 08:28 AM
One thing I'm still not clear on is how much riding is close to Boise. Can you guys fill me in on that a bit? Like name a place and roughly how far it is from Boise? That would be sweet.

Thanks!

QuadJunkies
06-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by sparksmakefire
a common place for the locals around here is 8 mile, stoddard crick, birch creek and st anthony dunes. i ride up around wolf mans cabin in rexburg. up the canyons towards salmon but lots of mtn lions and bears up there thats where i go deer hunting. beautiful country up there. there is a mx track in rexburg just off of highway 20 right next to rexburg motorsports.

Yeah Ive seen the track in Rexburg,but was really interested in the one in Salmon.
I wish we could do a WORCS race up there.

Seven could fill you in on the trails around Boise. Idaho City is close to Boise.Its about 30 minutes. Hemmingway 45 minutes ..
SilverCity,Blacks Creek..Blacks Creek is pretty cool.
Pleasant Valley ...thers many places to trail. The best place to get more info though is on the Idaho website.Theres TONS of maps posted from previous trail rides along with some photos.

smelly$cat
06-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Ok, I'll check out that idahoatv site some more then. Thanks!

sparksmakefire
06-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Yeah Ive seen the track in Rexburg,but was really interested in the one in Salmon.
I wish we could do a WORCS race up there.

Seven could fill you in on the trails around Boise. Idaho City is close to Boise.Its about 30 minutes. Hemmingway 45 minutes ..
SilverCity,Blacks Creek..Blacks Creek is pretty cool.
Pleasant Valley ...thers many places to trail. The best place to get more info though is on the Idaho website.Theres TONS of maps posted from previous trail rides along with some photos.

i would like to start doing mx... only thing is i have no experience with it at all and would prolly get hurt pretty bad. or at least ridiculed for being a FNG who knows nothing about it. so i will stick to the dunes and trails for now.

YZ400EX
06-18-2008, 05:37 PM
I am from Idaho and only ride the St. A dunes 1-2 times a year towards the end of the year due to the amount of people there throughout the summer. We have some nice little dunes about 30 minutes from me, but other than that not much. I dont know of anything around the Boise area.

Sparksmakefire: we are going to be building a track at my friends moms house in Blackfoot if you wanted to travel there to ride. We want to do MX, but arent good either if you wanted to ride with us an not feel dumb..LOL:D

sparksmakefire
06-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
I am from Idaho and only ride the St. A dunes 1-2 times a year towards the end of the year due to the amount of people there throughout the summer. We have some nice little dunes about 30 minutes from me, but other than that not much. I dont know of anything around the Boise area.

Sparksmakefire: we are going to be building a track at my friends moms house in Blackfoot if you wanted to travel there to ride. We want to do MX, but arent good either if you wanted to ride with us an not feel dumb..LOL:D

sweet blackfoots not too far from me and would be good to learn how to do mx without looking like a retard. :)

YZ400EX
06-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Yea I am from Pocatello so its about a 1/2 hour away for me, but we all suck so it would be fun..haha

sparksmakefire
06-18-2008, 08:19 PM
mud lake/ terreton here