PDA

View Full Version : PROCOM HIGH PERFORMANCE CDI IGNITION

bigsandboxusmc
06-10-2008, 08:42 PM
The Rev Box or cdi ignition box what exactly does it do or what does it compliment. I have not really read any of you guys praising this item in particular. So is it worth it? Who makes it and is it easy to install? Aaen has for 129 and a Vortex model for 499?

OutlawBill
06-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I would stay away from Procom I know of people who had to rebuild there engine after they blew up with Procom CDI. The CDI can add rev's to the engine, supply a hotter spark and advance or retard the spark timing. I know people who got Procoms CDI and the spark timing was so far off it blew up the engine.

bigsandboxusmc
06-11-2008, 09:17 AM
So stay away for the Cdi box period or stay away particularly for the Procom

nytfr8
06-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I would stay away from the procom and clones. I run the DYNAFS and have had no problems and can't remember reading about anyone having problems with the DYNA. They are a little less expensive than the vortex, but either way I think you would be alright. Just not the procoms.

bigsandboxusmc
06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
How much can I get one for? I saw one for a predator 500 for 332 and does that one work for an 06 Outlaw 500. Can u assist with part number and or link where I can buy it. The install is right just take off stock and repalce it this one right.

nytfr8
06-12-2008, 03:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dyna-CDI-Ignition-Polaris-Predator-Outlaw-500-dynatek_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43976QQihZ004QQ itemZ140240484186QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Heres one for $280.00, they are just a remove and replace item. If you get one get some silicone sealant and get it pushed down in around all the wires that come out of the box. If you get one you will see what in talking about. Some guys have had problems with them cutting out when they get real wet, I took the time to make sure mine was sealed well around the wires and have had no problems at all. Even when I remove all the plastics and hit it with the pressure washer.