PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with clutch.

woody567
06-10-2008, 07:13 PM
03 honda ex400 i have put 4 different sets of clutchs in and i just replaced the clutch about month ago and it is starting to slip already. new cable new springs basket looked to be in good shape need help!!
anything that might fix this problem i am fed up with it. any advice or suggestions.

kraemer
06-10-2008, 07:44 PM
what kind of oil are you using? did you install them all your self? what brand of clutches? are you always on the clutch? does your bike burn lots of oil?

what else is done to the bike? does the clutch feel like it grabs and jumps?

the Z Man
06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
You have to amke sure you have play in the cable, not useing old oil, I only use Honda GN4 oil.

hornetgod13
06-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Did you soak the plates in oil before assembly?

woody567
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I did everything myself. I have an EBC clutch and springs. Have been using Honda GN4 oil, now I am using AMSOil 0w-40 for the first time ever in the quad. I soaked everything. Upgrades FMF power core 4 slip on and K&N air filter and the air box lid is removed. Was jetted for slip on by the Honda dealer. And there is play in the clutch cable. I have been riding dirt bikes for all my life I am just getting into quads and I have never had a problem like this before. It does not burn oil. The clutch slips more than anything else.

kraemer
06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
have you ever lubed you clutch cable? when you changed the clutches did you ever clean the screen in the tranny?