PDA

View Full Version : will banshee, warrior, or rapter rims fit 400ex?

Pur Pony
11-08-2001, 11:46 AM
I was wondering will banshee, warrior, or rapter rims fit a 400ex? do they look somewhat like stock 400ex rims?

I just want to know incase i find a deal on aftermarket front tires & rims on e-bay or for sale on the quad forum.

thanks

11-08-2001, 11:54 AM
In one of the dirt wheel issues, they had a section on how Banshee rims fit with a little modifcation. I.E drill wider holes.

Holty
11-08-2001, 07:21 PM
I know for a fact Warrior rims will NOT fit without modification. I ordered all new wheels and tires for my Warrior, then decided to get my 400ex. The bolt patterns are different so they won't work on my new 400ex. I sent them back and asked Rocky Mountain ATV why they wouldn't and they said the bolt pattern is different. So I traded them in for 400 rims and tires, and they didn't even give me any hassle. I"m pretty sure Banshee rims are the same bolt pattern as the Warrior, so they won't fit either. Hope this helps.

EX_RIDER
11-08-2001, 08:09 PM
Holty,
Where in washington do you live at man?I also live in washington and go to trinity high school.

Pur Pony
11-08-2001, 08:58 PM
Holty-
thanks for the info- great to know!

also- how do you like your set-up... K&N, jet kit, and WB pipe??? do you notice a big gain over stock??? I am looking to get the K&N, jet kit, and either a WB R4 pipe or a race series yoshimura pipe-

400exRacerX
11-08-2001, 09:00 PM
I don't beleive any of the rims will fit with out drilling of some sort because the bolting patterns are way different.

Holty
11-08-2001, 09:11 PM
EX_RIDER, I live in North Franklin near the cemetary. I graduated from Trinity in 1997 and my g/f graduated in 1999. Where at in Wash. do you live?

Pur Pony, Actually my bike is brand new and I havn't even got to ride it with the K&N, jets, and WB pipe yet. This saturday will be the big day to test and tune! I'll let everyone know how it turned out.

Dave400ex
11-09-2001, 05:21 PM
The Yamaha and Honda bolt patterns are different. We tried to put my brothers dune tires on my dads raptor and they wouldn`t fit. The warrior, banshee, and raptor have the same pattern, but different from Honda`s.

Warrioreater400ex
11-09-2001, 11:44 PM
i have a k&n filter, jet kit, and Wb slip on..... and yes i notice a pretty good gain over stock, mainly in the low end... it has a lot more "snort" and torque. and it has a little better acceleration. and a bigger top speed bye a few mph. me and my friend dragged in a field, me against his 99 stocker. and then we switched quads and rode for a while. the difference in the sound and vibration on his made it feel like was ridin a go kart. lol. but after a while i got used to it. then switchin back my 400 felt like a beast!! mainly just cuz of the sound and vibrations. lol! but its a great set up. i think i would rather have a FMF power core IV and a power bong header. but.... o well this works great.

crday98
11-10-2001, 01:34 AM
what does that have to do with the rims????:D :p :D :p :D :p :blah :blah :blah :devil

Warrioreater400ex
11-10-2001, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Pur Pony
Holty-
also- how do you like your set-up... K&N, jet kit, and WB pipe??? do you notice a big gain over stock??? I am looking to get the K&N, jet kit, and either a WB R4 pipe or a race series yoshimura pipe-

sorry crday.... i prolly shoulda quoted him so noone would be confused.. :huh but most of the time i confuse my self anyways! lol

EX_RIDER
11-11-2001, 08:19 AM
I live in amity bud.My quad is down for the next two weeks cause i still have to order my new swing arm for it.E-mail me your phone number and i will call you one day so we can ride.
trx_rider911@hotmail.com

11-11-2001, 10:07 AM
the honda rears and yamaha rears are actualy close in patterns...take a 1/2 in. drill bit and drill the yamaha rims hole larger...then the rims should be close in size where just a little more fileing will get them to work...oh yeah...this is only on rears