PDA

View Full Version : 300ex carb.

Ncboost
06-09-2008, 08:20 PM
First off are they the same as a 400ex cause they look really close.
trying to help a friend of mine since he just picked up a late 90's 300ex and it has a horrible stumble when you accelerate hard.
While i took it apart and cleaned everything i found the accelerator pump tube that sprays the fuel into the carb was clogged. But now that everything is clean i still cant get the accelerator to spray fuel when you pump the gas.. Cleaned everything and nothing seems to be clogged. Any help or tips would be grateful. I pulled my carb off my 400ex just to see what amount is supposed to be sprayed and i can see why this thing has a horrible stumble at wot.

bwamos
06-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Ncboost
First off are they the same as a 400ex cause they look really close.
trying to help a friend of mine since he just picked up a late 90's 300ex and it has a horrible stumble when you accelerate hard.
While i took it apart and cleaned everything i found the accelerator pump tube that sprays the fuel into the carb was clogged. But now that everything is clean i still cant get the accelerator to spray fuel when you pump the gas.. Cleaned everything and nothing seems to be clogged. Any help or tips would be grateful. I pulled my carb off my 400ex just to see what amount is supposed to be sprayed and i can see why this thing has a horrible stumble at wot.

Make sure the accelerator pump actuator arm isn't slipping off of the pump needle. The 300ex carbs have a tendancy for that arm to slip off occasionally.

SET THE STAGE
06-10-2008, 03:05 PM
the 400ex carb is a little different. similar design but it's a 38mm rather than a 32 or 34 (i forget what the 300 uses)

it can be easily modded to work with the 300 that has a small laundry list of mods. i wouldn't suggest doing it to a 300 with only a filter. a lot of racers use them and people who just want a faster 300. i have one on mine. works great