PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha R6?

Shift_450R
06-09-2008, 01:35 PM
This fall im looking to buy a yamaha R6. Im just wondering if anyone has one? I heard they are the best 600 class superbike on the market right now. I've always wanted one and once my truck is paid off im debating getting one or a dual sport.

pro-rider46
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
my brother has one. and he love it. but at first he almost sold it the day he got it because it scared him, but know he wish he had the 1000 because his doesnt have enough power to carry out wheelies. his dynoed at 97hp at the rear wheel. its a 04

KXRida
06-09-2008, 02:55 PM
I had an 04 limited edition R6. Great bikes. There isn't a bad 600 honestly. I really liked my 750. IMO it was the perfect bike. Had good power and handled awesome. The 1000's are a lot to start off with and really I don't think are that much fun if you're riding around just on the street. On the highway they're a blast, but in the cities just too much power.

Shift_450R
06-09-2008, 03:56 PM
it'll be mostly be all highway miles i need something good on gas to commute back and forth to work...17mpg in the truck just wont do my wallet very good:ermm:

400exstud
06-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Not to be negative, but you won't save nearly as much on cash with a bike than you think. Chances are you will spend more. Sure it is cheaper on gas if you only go to work and back. Then you will go on joy-rides. Then the insurance bill comes. 3,000 miles later you need new tires $$$$$$$.

Honestly, bikes are a blast and I would get one for that fact alone, but don't get one if you are strapped for cash and think that it is cheaper.

KXRida
06-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Not to be negative, but you won't save nearly as much on cash with a bike than you think. Chances are you will spend more. Sure it is cheaper on gas if you only go to work and back. Then you will go on joy-rides. Then the insurance bill comes. 3,000 miles later you need new tires $$$$$$$.

Honestly, bikes are a blast and I would get one for that fact alone, but don't get one if you are strapped for cash and think that it is cheaper.

true, but my R6 was sooo much cheaper to run daily than any vehicle I have. I'd rather take a joy ride on a bike and spend like $25 in gas in it rather than a joy ride in my truck and spend about $50+ in it lol. See bikes are seasonal up here, so they're only ran about 6 months at most out of the year. My insurance on my bike was actually cheaper than it was on my truck. :confused:

yfz450rider29
06-14-2008, 05:43 AM
I have an R6 that I am selling it is a 2006 and I am asking $7400. If your intrested let me know by e-mail at yfz450rider29@hotmail.com. I can send pics if you want them.