PDA

View Full Version : Clutch is pooched :-(

EXinMB
06-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Ok heres my prob. Fresh 440 rebuild. Wiseco 12:1 piston, stg 2 hot cam, dp clutch kit running stock carb and exhaust. I rode this thing after break in no problems at all just fine tuning the carb was the tricky part. I rode for about 3 months slowly getting harder on the quad pushing the new motor. Still no problems. Then im just about to hit the track for the first time this year so i need to top up the oil before i go so i add about half liter of synthetic just to top it up. as im ridin on the track i notice the clutch seems like its slipping and seems like its getting worse. After the track i had a lil run in with the local police and a short chase ensued lol (kids it was a stupid move if the police want you to stop STOP!!!)
Then i raced it and off the start i can pull holeshots but its sllipping all the way to 4th gear and after every jump i give it gas it slips every time im hard on the throttle its slipping. So i change the oil after my first race day (1st overall) and my clutch is still slipping. i can't pull wheelies in 5th anymore and 4th is sketchy

Is it the oil or whats my problem? sorry bout the long post.

UNBROKEN
06-09-2008, 02:12 PM
wut kind of oil are u running ?

drew416ex
06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah if that synthetic oil had moly or some friction modifier in it then thats probably your problem.

EXinMB
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
at first i just had regular honda oil GN4 10W40 but when i topped it up i used Belray semi-synthetic 10w-40

UNBROKEN
06-12-2008, 07:08 PM
well it doesnt sound like a oil realated problem, have u tried adjusting the cluch cable

plunge
06-12-2008, 07:11 PM
that bel-ray oil doesn't have moly in it so it shouldn't be that.

krt400ex
06-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by EXinMB
at first i just had regular honda oil GN4 10W40 but when i topped it up i used Belray semi-synthetic 10w-40

mixing oil isnt good. the bel ray wont cause slipping. i been running it in my bike for three yrs...it might be that your clutch was going and the xtra power helped it go faster...you rly would only need plates and stiffer clutch springs to fix the prob

UNBROKEN
06-13-2008, 09:57 PM
yea the new found power isnt helping this mater , when i got mine bored out to a 408 and 10/1 piston with a stage 1 hotcam i notice cluch slippage is 4 th and 5th gear but u would have to realy runn her hard to get it to slip

EXinMB
06-16-2008, 03:02 PM
ya as soon as im hard on the gas it slipps but i already put a dp clutch kit in it all the steel and fiber plates and springs so i guess its time to do it again then?