PDA

View Full Version : Neons / LED

EXinMB
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey, ive done a search already and got some respones so i dont need to get bashed for having a stupid idea like putting neons or underglow on a quad. I race my 440 and i know some are gonna break but i dont care it looks awesome.

I'll post pics of mine soon but i was wondering if anyone else had some pics of some LED or neons on their quads. Mines a yellow 2002 honda 400 ex with some mods and i painted the frame metallic blue (no im not trying to copy suzuki with the blue and yellow). I thought it would look saweet with some blue leds lightiing up the frame and engine. so i wired up 2 packs of the cheap leds all they are is the wire and the bulb so i just have them taped and zip tied on right now but it looks pretty cool. Its apart now waiting for axle bearings so i don't know how they hold up to some abuse but im racing next weekend and it's the canadian nationals in Morden Manitoba June 14/15 so i wanna show off a lil bit.

but ya post some of your pics if you got some glow goin on

airman88
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
i have a pack of 20 i bought off ebay for $20 and my friend also has them on his quad.... i race flattrack so its not as bad but they hold up fine i got about 12 on there right now and i think they sweet as hell. but yeah they are the leds with 2 wires coming back, so you should be fine...

06-10-2008, 09:55 PM
neons and cathodes will break but LED are pretty darn strong. You can rattle those around all you want and they will stay the same.