PDA

View Full Version : warrior transmission blown?

450raider
06-09-2008, 08:05 AM
ok a few days ago i made a post about buying a 99 warrior and decided to just jump at it, now mind you for 1000 bucks i was expecting something to go out but what, im not ready to toss it over the hill yet but well see what the shop says first well a few days ago we was on a trip and it was doing really good starting right up and taking right off for about 2 hrs then while a friend was riding it the tranny suddenly seemed to "lock up" as i would put it, it will go in reverse but when you try to go forawrd the front sprocket made a nasty clicking noise and it wont go.....anyone got any guesses on what it may be? ill be the first to say im no mechanic but do have it lined up to take it to a shop in a week but id like to get some guesses on it...

thanks

Hondamaster5505
06-09-2008, 01:52 PM
A warrior.... with a problem??:eek2:

Thats almost unheard of!:huh

lol.

450raider
06-09-2008, 03:53 PM
yeah i know, this sucks but if i can get away with it for like $3-400 ill still consider it a good buy, i guess everyone who had it before me would have to suck at riding if you manage to blow a tranny in one of these, honestly heres all the problems i found so far

tranny - the big one
oil leak - stopleak or endleak whatever its called
bad rear shock - ebay
homemade pipe- ebay for stocker (or raptor 350)

and i may just invest in plastic and tires if all this other stuff goes well.

m36indiana
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
are you sure it just didnt grind the teeth off the front sprocket?

CSR400EX
06-10-2008, 01:29 AM
when its making the clicking sound in foward, try pushing the reverse lever foward a little and see if maybe its not engaged all the way. our warrior does this from time to time, so check that it may not be so serious after all;)

Exrider434
06-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by CSR400EX
when its making the clicking sound in foward, try pushing the reverse lever foward a little and see if maybe its not engaged all the way. our warrior does this from time to time, so check that it may not be so serious after all;)

Thats a killer..... My cousins does this alot as well. sometimes just in the middle of a ride it will slip halfway into reverse, where it just makes a nasty grinding noise but nothing moves.

That could very well be the problem.

450raider
07-29-2008, 08:01 AM
well yesterday the shop has had it for 2 months and i have heard nothing, ive been up there a few times just for the sassy a**hole at the desk tell me theyre going as fast as they can and i cant go see it in the back, so i dont know if theyve lost it or what, but just curious ive got kind of a funny feeling about this place now, i just gotta ask what if they got it done and the charges were outrageous? (for example ive looked up all the transmission parts and not one thing is more than its worth) then what exactly do you do about some small time shop trying to rip you off?

initall
07-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Pick that thing up as soon as you can. replacing a transmission in a warrior is a pretty quick job, and the parts are easy to get. I would get that machine out of there as fast as I can.

450raider
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
yeah but thats just it, i cant go get it if its in pieces and they wont tell me nothin (or let me check it out in the back) just that theyll call me when its done, oh and this is rich i called after i bumped this and got off the internet and that sassy know it all guy snapped at me on the phone with a crisp "your four wheeler isnt the only one here" and i was like "fkin duh, its been 2 months try doing em one at a time and you might get somethin done" and hung up on em so well see where this goes in another month...