PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinion

D&D Riders
06-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Which one is better? Yamaha Warrior or Yamaha Blaster?

ZeroLogic
06-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Depends on a lot of stuff.

pro-rider46
06-08-2008, 07:29 PM
warrior will probably run a h3ll of a lot longer and is faster, but your question is vague. How old are you? Do you have details about what your looking for.

D&D Riders
06-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Umm I'm almost 11 and I am trying to see what you guys think. I am looking for a quad and I can't decide on which on to pick. Either a warrior or a blaster. Oh and in the poll I'm talking about stock quads.

ZeroLogic
06-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Is this your first quad? Skill level? What kind of riding?

D&D Riders
06-08-2008, 09:19 PM
It is not my first quad and I'm good at trails and ramps.

06-08-2008, 09:43 PM
blasters suspension downright sucks. It will bottom out over whoops with a 100lb rider lol. Also they are like turds no offense to those with stock blasters. Warriors are decent. A lot bigger machine than the blaster and its going to be faster.

mineralgrey01gt
06-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I know you can pick up 400ex's pretty cheap now adays. Ever consider one of those? With one of those you can grow into the power as you get older and your skill progresses. Theres just so much you can do with a warrior or blaster. Dont get me wrong now, id take a warrior for a little trail bike, they are just fun to ride IMO. Much better than the blaster.

To make a long post short, go with the warrior out of those 2 quads ;)

ZeroLogic
06-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Warrior for trails, if you go slow. Blaster for anything else. Just my opinion. Warriors handle like friggen tanks and like FoxHondaRider said, Blaster's suspension handles like dog crap.

D&D Riders
06-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks guys!

racer36
06-09-2008, 05:53 AM
my cousin is your age and got a 300ex and he loves it.

I also just bought myself a 300ex, they are great for our trails and very reliable

D&D Riders
06-09-2008, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't mind a 300ex I have ridden a 300ex. But it was like a race quad with a bunch of aftermarket parts. I like them.

06-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by D&D Riders
I wouldn't mind a 300ex I have ridden a 300ex. But it was like a race quad with a bunch of aftermarket parts. I like them.

300ex are super easy to mod too. 400ex a-arms bolt right up.

Hondamaster5505
06-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Many factors...

BLASTER: If your under 5'11", its perfect size. just a hair faster. Plus, it's a 2-stroke which makes it a little more exciting I guess you can say. Suspension is mediocre. I had mine and jumped it at most 3.5 feet high, and I weigh 200lbs. Didn't bottom, but still kinda hurt. If your light, the suspension is great for little jumps and such. They're really nimble and can sqeak around trees great! Decent low-end, and the fact that they're small, make it an awesome trail quad. As far as dependability, never had a problem with mine. Just be careful with the oil injection, they go bas sometimes on them.

WARRIOR: Basically just a hair slower because of it's weight. A lot better for taller people. Still a rev happy engine, and decently powered. Front suspension flat out sucks. Really stiff, so it kinda beats you up if you ride hard. Jumps decently, but feels kinda uncontrollable in a sense because it's a tank. Great trail quads, they have a very wide powerband. Dependability, well the warrior is arguably the most dependable quads ever built. Ours again never had a problem, and even our wolverine we have today (same engine, but 4x4) has never sputtered or complained, even with all that extra weight and stress.

So with those listed, look at both and make your choice at which you think suits you better.
My only other recomendation would be the 400ex, i mean you can find them cheaper the 250 and 300ex's, lol. Plus, overall better than the warrior and blassie.

D&D Riders
06-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Then that means the Blaster is perfect for me.:p

Hondamaster5505
06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Then that means the Blaster is perfect for me.:p

Good:D

I was happy with mine.

Plus, theres aftermarket up the wazoo. 240 kits, a-arms, suspension, axles, body, etc.

pro-rider46
06-09-2008, 10:05 PM
idk of a blaster thats stock that can beat a stock warrior, my friend has a worked over blaster, and it cant beat my friends stock other than a pipe raptor 350

06-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
idk of a blaster thats stock that can beat a stock warrior, my friend has a worked over blaster, and it cant beat my friends stock other than a pipe raptor 350

Yeah my friend had a fully modded blaster. I mean everything performance wise you could possibly do. It was fast but not that fast because my borther at the tme his 400ex was completely stock would win in a drag race ad all. The blaster stayed with him for maybe 5 seconds then the 400ex raped it. Blasters you deffinately need to be under 5'11" to ride one. When I was 5'10" I would on occasion ride my friends and my knees would hit the fenders and the suspension would bottom out over whoops and I was only 125lbs. It was the biggest piece of crap i have ever ridden. Everything on them looks like it was just rushed together. Its not even worth the money to get a blaster. Warriors arent bad besides the fact they are tank like. My uncles had Warriors back in the day and they arent bad I would take 1 anyday over a blaster

Hondamaster5505
06-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46

we had both in the family, at the same time, and they were just about even. Me and my dad used to drag all the time. He is a little heavier than me though.

The horsepower specs are about the same, and the blasters lighter. So I wouldn't see why they arent even.

hatfield44
06-10-2008, 02:08 PM
If you just want something to ride I would go with the warrior; good sized, acceptable power,& tough as a coffin nail.

If your wanting to race MX I would go with the blaster; tons of after market parts, but you will need to upgrade eventually.

D&D Riders
06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I think I'll have to go with a blaster. They're lighter and shorter than the warriors. I know the warrior is faster because I raced my brother and I had a blaster and he had a warrior. Now his warrior is busted. I wanna try some wheelies on a blaster. warriors are much heavier so you can't really do a wheelie unless you pop the clutch but my brother doesn't want to screw up his clutch so he'll
try another way. I don't know I might change my mind and go with the warrior.

Hondamaster5505
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I think I'll have to go with a blaster. They're lighter and shorter than the warriors. I know the warrior is faster because I raced my brother and I had a blaster and he had a warrior. Now his warrior is busted. I wanna try some wheelies on a blaster. warriors are much heavier so you can't really do a wheelie unless you pop the clutch but my brother doesn't want to screw up his clutch so he'll
try another way. I don't know I might change my mind and go with the warrior.

If your on the smaller side, the blaster's just fine.

I guess I can't say stock for stock though, when I raced my dad the warrior was stock and my blaster had an FMF Fatty header with LRD silencer.

But I still just squeaked past him.

The blaster was fun to wheelie:p With the short wheelbase, just give it a little gas and pop the clutch and it stands right up. Hell, you dont even need the clutch.

As far as mods, I think you will want to go faster eventually.

Dont make the mistake I did with the left-sided pipe. Dont get me wrong, it sounded great and did add a little power, but the right-sided pipes add more.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Which 450?
06-12-2008, 12:27 PM
if you are 10-11 I would definately go with a blaster, how tall are you and how much do you weight? a warrior is too heavy for a small person to handle. Blaster would probably fit you perfect.

D&D Riders
06-12-2008, 01:42 PM
About 4 foot 8. 106.5 pounds.

Hondamaster5505
06-12-2008, 01:46 PM
About 4 foot 8. 106.5 pounds.

then the blaster is literally made for you, lol. The warrior would be a little much for your size.

06-12-2008, 02:57 PM
dang 4'8" 106.5 lbs I weighed 125lbs when i was 5'6" or so

Dan_Guetter
06-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Screw the blaster and warrior - get the raptor 250!!

Thing is sweet!!

jesseweaver
06-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Screw the blaster and warrior - get the raptor 250!!

Thing is sweet!!

haha comes with a sweet price tag too.

i think a blaster will be good for you. when buying one though, you'd probably be better staying away from heavily modded ones. i know a lof of blasters that aren't that reliable.