PDA

View Full Version : HRC kit....sacraficing engine life?

03warriorrider
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I have an 05 and it has to have 100+ hours on it. Right now its totaly stock engine wise, even stock pipe, if i put the HRC kit in do you think ill be adding alot of extra stress on the motor seeing it has so many hours on it. The oil has always been changed regularly and so far so good there has been no signs of any bearing metal chips or metal chips of any matter. So what do you all think, am I going to be playing with a ticking time bomb more so with an HRC kit installed? Thanks Keith

Benjithx
06-08-2008, 07:18 PM
100+ hours, I would change out those crank bearings first and then add the HRC.

BlaineKaiser450
06-08-2008, 09:23 PM
i would get it. It wont be any more stress and DEFINATLY change out those crank bearings

d3ktrix
06-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Mine has many more hours then that on the stock crank.
And has been running an HRC kit since the day it was taken out of the crate and many more mods added soon after.

To tell ya the truth I'm surprised it hasn't gone yet.
Everyone I know that has an 04-05 have already had theirs let go already.

Unless I have to take my bottom end apart for something else I'm just going to leave it until it goes.

My luck I would slap a brand new crank and bearings in it and it would go out a week later.

BTW the crank AND rod bearings that are known to go out. So if your going to do it, do both.

03warriorrider
06-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Mine has many more hours then that on the stock crank.
And has been running an HRC kit since the day it was taken out of the crate and many more mods added soon after.

To tell ya the truth I'm surprised it hasn't gone yet.
Everyone I know that has an 04-05 have already had theirs let go already.

Unless I have to take my bottom end apart for something else I'm just going to leave it until it goes.

My luck I would slap a brand new crank and bearings in it and it would go out a week later.

BTW the crank AND rod bearings that are known to go out. So if your going to do it, do both.

This is pretty much how I feel.... I dont want to take it apart unless i really have to. My luck ill have it done and something will happen. Im just afraid to do any engine mods to it cause i know its a ticking time bomb. I guess i just have to bite the bullet and do something haha. But thanks for the input guys

spencer_shinn
06-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I feel the same way
i didnt want to take it appart until i have to
and well
i HAD something happen to it so NOW im gunna get it

kodymx13
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
100 hours and no valve guides??? crank bearings and guides

03warriorrider
06-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by kodymx13
100 hours and no valve guides??? crank bearings and guides

nope, nothing has been done to the motor at all and its still running strong. i dont race or anything but thats not to say its not riden hard every week-end. actualy to my knowledge the valves have never been adjusted either, but thats gunna change once my shims get here.