PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto rigged +1 stock steering stem! haha

DuwBra
06-08-2008, 05:24 PM
OK heres the deal, the bearing was shot for my steering stem, i get a new one we take the steering stem out and go to take out the old bearing. . . we cant get it. So we get to looking and there is only half of a c clip holding it in and there was no way we could get it. (Owner before me didnt take care of his stuff and this thing is crazy stuck in there.) So we come up with the idea to grind this thing out, cant get it, doesnt work. So we knock the center of the bearing out and proceed to grind out the outer race of the bearing. 3 days of grinding later this thing still wont budge and there is no way we can fit anything else between the frame to get it out so. . . my ingenius buddy says hey lets just put the new bearing in as far as we can now until we figure something out. We do and it stops about even with the top of the steering stem mount thingy. That being said I now have a stock +1 steering stem. Kentucky engineering at its finest.

Dr89
06-23-2008, 06:22 PM
haha wish i had an ingenious buddy to help me out in times of trouble :cool:

hey so far so good right...i'll take credit for it as long as it still works lol