PDA

View Full Version : Removing Parking Brake?

cheetah
11-30-2002, 04:46 PM
What do you do to remove the parking brake? Do you have to have the block off or does it matter? What do you need?

Thanks

RytM1
11-30-2002, 05:14 PM
If I recall correctly, you have to take out the bolt in the center of the parking brake. Then you take out the bolt on the left and right side, that holds the parking brake to the caliper. Remove the parking brake from the caliper, which should reveal a hole with a pin in the middle of it. This is what your "block-off" will cover up. Bolt the block off on using the two stock screws from the parking brake (unless your block came with new ones). The easiest way to remove the rest of parking brake is to remove it from the clutch lever/perch. Then all you have to do is pull the parking brake cable out from the rear. You may have to remove a clamp or two along the way.

The block off is needed for a number of reasons. One is that it will help keep dirt out of you brake caliper/piston, which is a must if you ever plan on using that rear brake again.

11-30-2002, 05:41 PM
yea i just removed the 2 bolts pulled everything off and bolted on the block off. its real easy

RytM1
11-30-2002, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I didn't remember if I had to take out that one center bolt to get to the bolt on the left side. Maybe I didn't.