PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Quick!

Tater049
06-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Me and some buddies are going up to upstate New York to do some riding next sunday, and I could use some input on what to do. Here is the story. Me and my buddies were riding around some private property in my town. I was riding my dirtbike, and my buddy asked to ride around on my YFZ for a little bit. The trails were pretty tough and he wasnt the best at riding clutch. I'm not entirely sure on what happened but I'm pretty sure he fried the clutch. The quad can go into any gear but if i release the clutch all the way, its still idles standing still in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Then after like 10 seconds it dies. I'm soo pissed right now and i'm not entirely sure whats wrong with it. Any help would be apprieciated.

the Z Man
06-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Sounds like the clutch, pull the clutch cover and check it out, smell the oil and see if it smells burnt, try adjusting the lever out...

Nick08
06-30-2008, 07:46 PM
im havin the same problem with both my quads and i dont know what to look for

Live2Ride300
07-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Sounds like the clutch is fried. What does the oil smell like?

Nick08
07-01-2008, 09:10 AM
my 400ex smells burnt and my raptor 700 doesn't one of my friends said i probably need new plates and springs on the raptor and the dealship said i need a whole new clutch and everything but i dont know whats wrong with the 400