PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Quick!

Tater049
06-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Me and some buddies are going up to upstate New York to do some riding next sunday, and I could use some input on what to do. Here is the story. Me and my buddies were riding around some private property in my town. I was riding my dirtbike, and my buddy asked to ride around on my YFZ for a little bit. The trails were pretty tough and he wasnt the best at riding clutch. I'm not entirely sure on what happened but I'm pretty sure he fried the clutch. The quad can go into any gear but if i release the clutch all the way, its still idles standing still in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Then after like 10 seconds it dies. I'm soo pissed right now and i'm not entirely sure whats wrong with it. Any help would be apprieciated.

greenblood01
06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Were you running any free play in your lever? I believe about 10mm is recommended otherwise you will smoke your clutch. We had a 300ex come into the shop a while back that had this problem. If it was his riding/slipping the clutch, I would think it would just slip and move some at least, not not move at all.

Clutches burn out from getting HOT, and riding the clutch or slipping it constantly will do that very quick.