PDA

View Full Version : What did you guys pay? also should i go 450 or 525

NickG5755
06-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Soo i went up to the local KTM guru shop and saw 2 450's sittin there.. im big on ergo's .. if a quad doesnt feel good under my 5'11 205lb frame i wont bother with it..

So i sat on the KTM and fell in love.. ive driven a 525 bike before so i know wha kinda power these things make..but im not sire if i wanna go with the 450 or 525.. I plan on doin some harescrambles (open C) mostly to have a hell of alotta fun mayb win some races and move up to B class.. But i also do ALOT of trail riding..some tight woods some strippin pits some fire roads.. i hear the only differene in the power between them is the 525 has a little more bottom end is that true?..

Also what did everyone pay OTD and what did that price include? Gear , parts , warranty ect?

xsr_racing28c
06-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Just picked mine up Friday nite. Paid $8112 out the door. Keep in mind I paid in all crisp green bills, so that may have made a difference. :devil:

Jay

NickG5755
06-08-2008, 09:33 PM
man i wish i had that kind of money :( im an 18 yr old kid at a 11.50 an hr job.. hopefully getting hired at wally world dist for 16.00 an hr...

so ill prob put about 2 grand down and pay about 500 or more a month on it to get it over with..but i figure i get one of these and all ill reallyneed is a good set of barkbusters/handguards and some skids... where as if i buy somethin else ill need alot more to be "harescramble ready"

did you get a warranty or any gear for your $8100?

xsr_racing28c
06-09-2008, 08:53 AM
I didn't get a warranty other than the original one for that amount, nor did I need any gear.

I am completely modifying this one, so a warranty wouldn't stand anyways.

Jay

NickG5755
06-09-2008, 11:30 AM
man you musta went to a good school or got lucky with a good job youve got all sorts of toys haha!

if you dont mind me asking what do you do?

and i wouldnt be modifying it much... mayb pipe / filter/ skids /handguards.. its already got enough power for a decent B class rider.. although id prob get the shocks set up for my weight.

xsr_racing28c
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I work as an accountant for a family truck dealership, and also own FourWerx Motorsports. I make carbon fiber, aluminum and titanium parts for quads.

I work very hard though for what I have. Keep on working bro, you'll find the time and money to do whatever it is you wanna do. hell I'm 22 and have alot of life ahead of me, but I realize that unless you work your a $ $ off, you won't get ahead in this cutthroat world we live in!!!!

Jay

I'll show mod list soon... :)

NickG5755
06-09-2008, 11:50 AM
so uuhhh wanna sponsor me :p

haha... yea right now i work for UPS woohoo lol but im trin to find a second job so i can work there in thte early mornin ad somwhere else in the afternoon/late night or weekends or somethin.. or at least get hired at wally world dist since they pay almost 16 an hr :)

s90yam
06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I picked mine up 12/6/07, 8300.00 otd. I origanally ordered a 450 but it did not show up before nov. so I was facing a $500.00 price increase.(all ktm's went up $500.00 if not on showroom floor before nov. 07) I decided to take the 1 525 they allready had for $7699.00 + tax & lic. I do not regret it! If you do not need to stay @ 450cc for racing I say go with the 525. I use mine for the same as what you say you want yours for. VetB harescrambles & ripping up the trails, some moto-x play riding for that thrill of clearing a double or 2 and I love it!!! Finding any of them for much below list is not easy but there are some dealers who are willing to deal. Good luck with your planned purchase:)