PDA

View Full Version : trx 450 frt shocks preload collars

whc
06-08-2008, 06:42 AM
just put a pair of triple rate front shock springs on my trx 450 honda shocks which are mounted on my 400ex with 2 inch wider arms. the springs are a definate improvment, but I have used up all my spring load adjustment, the ride is just about perfect, but I would like to be able to increase my ground clearence and also be able to stiffen the front up a bit more for mx riding. Does any one make aluminum pre load collars for these honda shocks???? Thanks Mild Bill

06-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by whc
just put a pair of triple rate front shock springs on my trx 450 honda shocks which are mounted on my 400ex with 2 inch wider arms. the springs are a definate improvment, but I have used up all my spring load adjustment, the ride is just about perfect, but I would like to be able to increase my ground clearence and also be able to stiffen the front up a bit more for mx riding. Does any one make aluminum pre load collars for these honda shocks???? Thanks Mild Bill

I dont see how that would help but in 2006 Honda switched to aluminum preload collars shaving off 1/2 a pound from each shock.

whc
06-09-2008, 04:55 AM
mine are the aluminum collars, I want to raise the ride hieght for a bit more ground clearence, my static sag increased about 2 inchs with the triple rates, the ride is great, juat want the front a bit higher. Bill

06-09-2008, 08:25 AM
so your saying the collars are on the bottom thread the side of the shock body?

whc
06-09-2008, 08:32 AM
yes I have used all the threaded preload, and the suspension fill great for cross country racing, but I would like the option of raiseing the front if I so desire. would love to have a 3/4 inch aluminum spacer. Mild Bill

06-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by whc
yes I have used all the threaded preload, and the suspension fill great for cross country racing, but I would like the option of raiseing the front if I so desire. would love to have a 3/4 inch aluminum spacer. Mild Bill

do you know anyone that can mill? or you could get a piece of aluminum and drill it out using those saw blade drill cutters i'm not sure what they are called but they cut a perfect circle

honda4life72
06-09-2008, 09:05 AM
flip the collar over put the top one on the bottom and the bottom on the top. u get like 1/2 inch more adjustment

whc
06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
interesting are you talking about the lock rings?? will eye ball this tonight after work. man if your correct that may be just the ticket. bill