PDA

View Full Version : need help with dvd burn

Ntensweapon
06-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I made a couple of videos for my sons birthday party(windows movie maker) I tried burning them from media player and all i get is audio. I tried Nero and it just loads the disc with files even after saying it burned complete. There is an option on movie maker to save to cd, but I already saved it to my computer. When I try to import. It comes up in segments like when you make the original video. I'll admit I'm a novice at this. Some of my terminology may be off...But please help if you can. I'll try to explain further if this isn't clear.

thanks alot

Slapasack
06-07-2008, 11:16 PM
depends what type of file it is but you'll probably have to convert it to an iso image to burn onto a dvd

Ntensweapon
06-08-2008, 07:43 AM
what kindof disc do i need? will a cd-r work

Slapasack
06-08-2008, 09:26 AM
if you're converting it to an iso image then no a cd-r wont work you will a dvd-r but do you know what type of file the video is like is it an mpeg or avi or what?

Ntensweapon
06-08-2008, 09:55 AM
well really when i say video..i mean its a consecutive group of pictures in a timeline format with a soundtrack behind them.
The Nero program mentioned that it was suppose to convert the file so it could be read by a dvd player.
So maybe when i burned from media player, it burned right but maybe wrong type of disc?

derekhonda
06-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm no genius on the technology thing, but a cd-r will only produce audio. You do need a DVD-R if you want an image too.

Ntensweapon
06-08-2008, 06:35 PM
that sounds logical i guess. Nero gave a cd-r as an option for burning a dvd. but then again it didn't work either. so i don't know. i thought you could put all types of media/files on a cd-r