PDA

View Full Version : Maybe some cops are nice?

Blue250X
06-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, me and my buddies were coming home from work today at about 10 oclock, and we go to pass this car up a hill, and our car runs out of gas, so we wave the car on and it and another truck passes us. We coast down the hill and into a driveway. We get the car running and put-put up the hill while pushing, and another car comes up behind us and gives us a push and as we crest the hill there is a cop sitting at the gas station talking to the people in the car we just attempted to pass. We pull in with me sitting on the door, outside of the car, and the other passanger on the truck of the car. He tells us to stop and gets our I.D.s and is very angry. He gets back and says the other car told him we threw something at them..WTF!? We didnt throw anything!! So we tell our story and he leans over and says "personally, I think that guy is full of ****". So he writes down our info, and lets us go with nothing! Thankfully we weren't drinking, we were planning to go to a grad party but decided otherwise.

trx310R#24
06-07-2008, 11:34 PM
he is with the .2% of cops that are kool most would trust the dumbass that said you did somthing

mittman
06-07-2008, 11:56 PM
a very small % of cops are nice but most of the cops in my town are cool (oh wait we only have one cop in our town) lol back in january i passed a guy comming home from work and when i was right beside him he sped up so i gunned it and i was in my diesel at the time and when i was getting diesel he pulled in and said i almost killed him supposely all my black smoke blocked his view and he almost wrecked i looked at him and laughed got in my truck and when i did our town cop pulled in and this guy is waving him down. this guy is telling the cop all the bad stuff i did:rolleyes: the cop comes over and says he has it handled and tells me to leave. (i am friends with the cop) so when i ran into the cop again he told me that this guy was all mad cuz he let me go. so before the guy left cop noticed that this guys inspection is expired and his registration was also expired. He got a fine!!! hahaha

yfzrider45
06-08-2008, 12:02 AM
I hate cops, i hate there attitudes and there NEVER there when you need em! They only pull you over for NO reason, they chase you on your quad(even tho ur doing NOTHING wrong)....just i hate them:grr:

Aceman
06-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by yfzrider45
I hate cops, i hate there attitudes and there NEVER there when you need em! They only pull you over for NO reason, they chase you on your quad(even tho ur doing NOTHING wrong)....just i hate them:grr:

One day you'll need them and you'll be singing a different tune.:o

By the way, cops can't chase you if you're stopped.:rolleyes: Think about it for a minute...

(I'm eagerly awaiting what I can only assume will be some BS immature response to my post, cops still suck, blah blah blah)

wilkin250r
06-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah yeah. You're never doing anything wrong, every cop out there just likes to abuse his power. That's the entire reason they became a cop at all, is just so they can pull over kids riding on quads and give them a hard time.

:rolleyes:

I'm debating whether I should just delete this thread right now, or let the immaturity continue for another page or so and delete it then.

I guess I'll let it go on for now. Maybe the daylight hours will bring out a more respectable and mature crowd...

bluebaron
06-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by mittman
so before the guy left cop noticed that this guys inspection is expired and his registration was also expired. He got a fine!!! hahaha

hahaha thats classic!

Ruby Soho
06-08-2008, 07:19 AM
cops arent all bad. granted theres a few who are dicks but there are a decent amount that are pretty cool. like wilkin said, you had to be doing something bad in their eyes to give them a reason.

KXRida
06-08-2008, 07:22 AM
For the most part I've never really had a bad run in with a cop. I mean I've gotten pulled over a few times (made up a few highly believeable stories as well) and I've gotten stopped once or twice on my bike, but they were usually pretty nice and/or I knew them or someone who knows them. haha knowing names helps a lot. Especially when your best friend's dad is Sargent of the local state police. The local cops are alright. My one neighbor that gives me some issues everynow and then about riding on the powerline that she infact does not own. Cops usually come, do the whole, try not to ride there if you can speech, we can't say anything unless we see you on the streets, have a good day. Some cops are nice! Some are also on a powertrip too.

quadracer85st
06-08-2008, 08:56 AM
i got lucky in my town from a state trooper. me and a buddy went riding through some local trails and i ended up getting a flat. so we headed in. the road in my town is one of those middle of no where no traffic roads so i was just cruising in first gear very slowly on the right side of the road. ( which i shouldn't of bee doing in the first place). my house was maybe a mile away. next thing ya know i hear a siren. turn around and it a state boy. im thinking im screwed so i do the right thing and pull over and my buddy stops also. he pulls up looks at us and says " are those #$%@!&* cars!? i respond "no sir!" so he says" stay the @#$% off the road" and took off. i was happy about that. he could of nailed with fines,impounded the bikes, and points on the license

gcart2
06-08-2008, 09:18 AM
i was riding home from beefs after school the last day and we came to a stop at the stop sign but we didint let the truck "rock back". so we drove off and there happens to be a cop around the corner (didnt see him) he pulled us over. he tells us what we did. my buddy goes " are you ****ting me" in a joking matter to hte cop, the cop says "no ****", lol. cop laughs and says have a nice day boys and remember take the half second to let the truck "rock back" before you pull off.

thats a funny cop.

yfzrider45
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Aceman, i'd bet ANYTHING you dont live in MA then.....when i lived in MN it was a diffrent tune your rite, MA cops are rediculous, they even had a thing on the news about them how they pull kids over for no reason, and they have some specicfic term for it they use as an excuse, i think probabale casue or sutn stupid like that.....wich is basically an ABUSE OF POWER!! i;m not kidding around either!! my bro drives a lowered jetta all hooked up and he's stopped at LEAST twice a week, and he gets no tickets, they just check the car trunk, and everywhere else, they had him open the hood once!?! trust me, there rediculous!! and they wont go in any bad areas of the town, they just pick on the kids they know wont turn violent on them:rolleyes:.....and kno i dont like makin imature answers, i'm just trying to stress its redlculous man!!

Flyin-Low
06-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Where I live is VERY different.. I can cruise through one of the smaller towns beside me with a few buddies at like 11pm, and have the cops wave as they drive by. The next day I could be filling up at the station that's 30 seconds down the road from my trails and end up sitting in a cop car for two hours while the knob tries to match every number on the quad and then tell me I have a court date. :rolleyes:

rollie
06-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I live in mass and the only reason mass cops are going to pull you over is because mass has so many laws other states don't, but if you respect the rules and dont drive like a doosh, you should be fine, even in my big loud truck with 15% tint cops usually don't seem very interested in what im doing, never been stoped in middleboro though and i used to spend quite a bit of time down there, will you be at capeway for the NEATV race yfzrider?

my88r
06-08-2008, 12:31 PM
just try to stay away from cops. most of all you dont do anything wrong.

chevy
06-08-2008, 01:11 PM
cops r here in protect u and inforce laws. if a cop is in a bad mood put urself in his shoes and think of what kind of mood u would be in if ppl were giving u attitude all day.

yfzrider45
06-08-2008, 01:34 PM
nah, i wont be at capeway.....i'm done for this season. Where do you usually ride tho offseason? i go to the state forest, powerlines, gas line, fire roads and local pitss in freetown.....i'm lookin to do all the the races next year tho, and to play at mototown!!!

rollie
06-08-2008, 01:46 PM
nah, i wont be at capeway.....i'm done for this season. Where do you usually ride tho offseason? i go to the state forest, powerlines, gas line, fire roads and local pitss in freetown.....i'm lookin to do all the the races next year tho, and to play at mototown!!!
i used to go to mototown, but they closed up and are no longer so bassically theres no where to ride, before and after the snow i go up to mx207 alot, and my neighbors got a little track, other than that i dont like trails, beats up the bike too much, i'd like to know where those pits are in freetown though!, can you ride quads in freetown state forest? or are they all tight trails?

mineralgrey01gt
06-08-2008, 02:37 PM

I hope they arent there when you need them. Thats completely immature what you just said. If it wasnt for them, all your possesions probably wouldnt be there, but hey keep thinking that...

Oh yea and id put a lot of money on it that you or whoever your talking about put that quad on the highway if even for a split second. That is illegal and they have the right to chase you down. Just grow up.

honda4life72
06-08-2008, 03:30 PM
haha some cops are cool thow. like the ones my mom and dad are freinds with. last night they all went to a bar and my mom was like wow i like there salt shakers and stuff. well about 3 hours later they all left and the girl cop pulls the salt shakers out of her purse :eek2: its kinda ironick (sp)

yfzrider45
06-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Well you could until somebody threw a good roost up at EP for no reason whatsover (some punks:mad: ) i like the EP, we used to stop and talk to them throughout the day just to see what there up to n what not.....but i mean if your deep in the woods and they see you they wont do anything, but you cant go talk to them like the old days.....the pitts are pretty nice.......you have to go through my friends backyard or his neighbors yard to get to it, and the other is near the state forest but it illegal (i'm done goin there, the guys building now)......the pitt thats near my friends is 100% legal, and we go riding with the cops son that lives there....but yeah its kinda of like a track, there's a big pitt with HUGE berms and a mini one 2 minutes away with medium size berms with 2 jumps.....its pretty nice, we should maybe ride sometime!?!

rollie
06-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Well you could until somebody threw a good roost up at EP for no reason whatsover (some punks:mad: ) i like the EP, we used to stop and talk to them throughout the day just to see what there up to n what not.....but i mean if your deep in the woods and they see you they wont do anything, but you cant go talk to them like the old days.....the pitts are pretty nice.......you have to go through my friends backyard or his neighbors yard to get to it, and the other is near the state forest but it illegal (i'm done goin there, the guys building now)......the pitt thats near my friends is 100% legal, and we go riding with the cops son that lives there....but yeah its kinda of like a track, there's a big pitt with HUGE berms and a mini one 2 minutes away with medium size berms with 2 jumps.....its pretty nice, we should maybe ride sometime!?!

Sounds good to me man, IM me sometime, RolliemX51, and if you got the space myspace.com/rollie51:cool:

06-08-2008, 04:28 PM
all my friends the second they see a cop almost come to a stop untill they pass. everyone thinks cops are out to get them, if your not doing anything wrong there is no need to worry.

Which 450?
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
most cops are heartless robots.

400ex28
06-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I've only met a select few that were really cool but theres not many of them.

madskrillz2
06-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I have zero respect for them in my area now. A few weeks ago, several cops here were busted helping out drug dealers.

KXRida
06-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by chevy
cops r here in protect u and inforce laws. if a cop is in a bad mood put urself in his shoes and think of what kind of mood u would be in if ppl were giving u attitude all day.

That shouldn't matter, leave your mood and feelings at home. There should be no prejudgemental influences on a person. I wouldn't give a rats @ss if he's been getting attitude all day. What did I do to him?

As far as the guy who said something about his brother's car being searched, that can be a big no no. Police are not allowed to search a vehicle unless an informed consent has been given or a search warrant has been legally obtained. There is a "gray" area around this though. If an officer is set off by a "hunch" or probable cause they can search the car, but this is where it can turn into a your word vs. his word battle. To search a vehicle, you must obtain a search warrant to legally search, which 99% of police will not get unless it is something serious. Keep in mind, as a citizen you have the right to say no to certain things. For federal and state laws, most of your protection will fall under the 4th amendment, but for local law enforcement, it can change slightly to each jurisdiction. Wow I guess I learned something in AP gov. in highschool.

lawdog800
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
KXRida :huh :huh You MIGHT want to go check your lawyering books again ......

Vehicle Exception to Fourth Ammendment (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment04/03.html#f71)

It never ceases to amaze me the people that complain about the Police are the ones that are doing something wrong and get caught..Huh How about that!!!.. AND.. even better COMPLAIN about the police but then say they better be there when I need them......

Get used to this View.....

ricksmx865
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
my whole family are police officers, grandpa, dad, and brother.... and ironically ive been pulled over quite a bit in my day, i will agree there are some police officers out there that are just down right pricks (hell even my dad says this) but to say that ALL police officers are "a-holes" and you hate them all is kinda like someone saying ALL quadriders are just worthless teenagers that go flying thru town raising hell and destroying other peoples property!

the truth is yes you may have those encounters with an officer on a powertrip or whatever... but dont label them all, i sure hate how us "quad guys" are labeled, and im sure some of you do too

any easy way to get an officer off your *** is show some respect, you show respect, you'll get respect

just my .02
bricks

KXRida
06-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by lawdog800
KXRida :huh :huh You MIGHT want to go check your lawyering books again ......

Vehicle Exception to Fourth Ammendment (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment04/03.html#f71)

It never ceases to amaze me the people that complain about the Police are the ones that are doing something wrong and get caught..Huh How about that!!!.. AND.. even better COMPLAIN about the police but then say they better be there when I need them......

Get used to this View.....

[Footnote 73] United States v. Ross, 456 U.S. 798 (1982). A Ross search of a container found in an automobile need not occur soon after its seizure. United States v. Johns, 469 U.S. 478 (1985) (three-day time lapse). See also Florida v. Jimeno, 500 U.S. 248 (1991) (consent to search automobile for drugs constitutes consent to open containers within the car that might contain drugs).

did I say anything about drugs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

http://www.flexyourrights.org/traffic_stop_scenario

read up

I do not complain about the police one bit. The cops on power trips on the other hand (local allegheny township) they think they're fbi agents or something then drive around walmart for an hour. hmmm.... Thankfully I don't live in allegheny township.

krt400ex
06-10-2008, 11:41 AM

lmfao, i have run into quite a few nice cops. i got pulled over for doing 55 in a 40 and he let me go without even taking any info on me.

i myself dont say anything when ppl rides quads down the road, but it is AGAINST the LAW...lmao, so dont tell me you arent doing anything wrong. if you are breaking to law the cop has every right to pull you over or chase you dumb@$$

440ex2001
07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
I was kool when I was a cop.
(please dont hold that against me)

Gray33
07-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Not, to flame the thread. I had a simmilar problem this past weekend a 5.0 pulled us over and let us off with nothin. THe deal was our parents had to come pick up our quads which were in the middle of the road.

By the way people said i made a stuiped post for telling my story, yet no one bashs this guy?

Also, nacsracing guy or something sent me multiple messages saying that no one wanted to hear my story?

Yeah, back to me i guess we can realte because the cop out by my house didn't give me a fine or tow our quads. Btw i have a friend name "beef" to..To the one guy who said he was goin to "beefs"