PDA

View Full Version : Fuel

rescuescrub
06-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey all. Just curious as to what octane fuel, or type and if anyone uses additives such as an octane booster, etc. Im just using either Mobil or BP 93 octane. Not even sure if its necessary. Also I put Stabil in the fuel . Actually put in all my stuff (not the autos). Finally got all my stuff on and man what a difference. Thanks for all the help and advice here.

06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
you only need 87. you can run 93 but i wouldnt go any higher unless you bump up the compression.

prairiemonster
06-08-2008, 09:07 AM
I run VP Street Blaze 100 in the 280 with a 11:1 comp. it's 96 octane.I know the owners manual says 87,but if you read it right
that's the minimum not the max. for a 9:1 comp.
If you want to play around with some gas try VP U4.2,you can hear the RPMS pick up when that gas hits the carb,and a power boost that you can feel,hear and smell.It does the same thing as noss,adds oxygen to the gas.
Now for the bad part,it stinks real bad,can't leave it in your tank
for more than a few days it will turn to jell,shelf- life is about 90 days after opening can and $80 for 5 gallons.
If you don't race and you don't mind getting beat by all your buddies quads then stay with the 87 non-leaded octane.
Trying different gas is one of the cheapest ways to find more hp
beats buying a coil, cdi, pipe,carb and etc. that may or may not work!Gas can be used up, your not stuck with it.You could end up with the highest rpm weed-eater in the state of FL,who knows.
YOU CAN'T HAVE A BETTER/BEST QUAD BY DOING WHAT OTHERS DO,YOU CAN ONLY BE THE SAME AS THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

rescuescrub
06-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Thnxs. Done all the external mods I can do I think (air filter, jetting, full exaust, rev box, coil) Figured I could go the fuel route and see what happens. Just think I have to be careful as I haven't done any internal mods. Thnxs once again..

BR16250
06-08-2008, 10:52 AM
post some pics of it