PDA

View Full Version : You guys may find this funny or can relate.

Honda4lyphe
06-07-2008, 03:20 PM
So today i was cleaning my quad, i decided to take the carb apart and change the jets due to a few issues and while i was at it i did the choke removel mod.. well i was spraying carb cleaner into it and i looked into the carb and hit my throttle to let it run through..i squirted gas strait into my eye. I had a friend watching me, which didnt help.

Has anyone else had any interesting expirences working with their quads like this? :D

Speedy 400ex
06-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I just about did that same thing today. I missed my face by like an inch though.

drew416ex
06-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I did something similar but it was facing the other way and it involved a cintronella candle sitting on the ground. The fire never got to me and the carb, but it almost made my buddy crap his pants.

Honda4lyphe
06-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
I did something similar but it was facing the other way and it involved a cintronella candle sitting on the ground. The fire never got to me and the carb, but it almost made my buddy crap his pants.

I think something like this type of scenario should be in a movie..from another persons vision, i think itd be pretty funny.

Blstr88
06-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Hahaha I did the 100% exact same thing a few weeks ago with my YFZ450 carb, the stream went perfectly straight into my eye, stung like a mofo. Thats definitely a mistake you'll only make once in your life.

06-07-2008, 04:39 PM
lol 1st time I jetted my quad and took apart the carb I hit the throttle and a stream of gas squirted all over the floor. Then I thought it as cool so I started aiming it at things and shooting them lol

REDRIDDER
06-07-2008, 05:23 PM
this was stupid of me!!! looked directly at aerosol can to see why it wasn't spraying good, well my dumb *** pressed the button to see why and got it right in the corner of my eye lol....:mad:

TheNewn
06-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow, can't say i've done that before. hah

vAnS_77
06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
One time i was filling up my snowmobile when I was like 10, filled too fast, splashed my eyes. Also just recently, droped a bucket of paint thinner bounced off the ground and hit me in the eyes. A FULL BUCKET, i thought i was screwd.

Grant Casey
06-07-2008, 06:47 PM
lol... yeah i havent got it in my eye yet but have come close to getting it in my eye b4..

Honda4lyphe
06-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I may of topped my carb today... i had both of my front wheels off and i decided to bleed my brakes, this time it went a little into my mouth lol. I wasnt thinking at first, its now 2 mistakes im not gonna make again, god willing. Luckely i had a full coke and didnt swallow, but id have to say that tasted horrible, not sure if its the worst thing i ever had though, but the things that make you go bluhhhhh.

TheNewn
06-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Maybe you're the kind of person that should leave even the simple work to the dealers...

NickG5755
06-08-2008, 03:43 PM
a few years ago i had a 1985 CR 125 i was toying with (i got it just about brand new outta a barn it was sitting in) paid 400 bucks for it.. it was my little project bike (dremel tool port & polish) smoothed the water jacket in the cylinder n stuff..redneck power :)

well i blew it up and did a top end on it got it all buttoned up and took it for the maiden voyage..

before i tell you what happpened tho i gotta tell ya the rolling chassis fell off the stand one night and bent the radiator.. i thought nothing if it it wasnt to bad,

so neway i come back from the maiden voyage and im like man this thingg ripppps now untill i hear this hissing noise.. sure enough i bend down to look at it and a radiator hose busted off and sprayed my in the face!.. that hurt like an SOB... i ran into the yard and jumed into the pool and that only made it worse.. my face hurt for a month i guess the bed rad built up pressure and that hose was probably loose

man that suckedd i was out on that thing beatin the P*SS outta it for like an hr before that.. so that colant hada be HOTTT

Honda4lyphe
06-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Ouchh..i feel for ya. That reminds my buddy told me a story awhile back of a guy who didnt like him, well the guy went up to his quad (after a full days ride) pulled out his knife and tried to cut the radiator hose. He did..and apparently it was under pressure, they heard a scream and ran out side, he was on the ground shocked, there was a burn from his belly to his face. I swear that quad has a mind of its own..only if you knew it.

And thenewn i work at a place around here called borders cycle. I do everything to motorcycles/atv's besides anything inside the engine because im not certified yet. These are things that can happen to anyone you know? I thought my carb was drained but there was still a little in it. Bleeding the brakes..i dont normally do it with the tires off so im used to having a rag over the spitter valve so see when fluid bleeds through the rag (so it doesnt get all over everything) but i had the tires off and didnt think itd shoot that high.. and sure enough, i judged wrong. These things are all about bad judgements.

Originally posted by NickG5755
a few years ago i had a 1985 CR 125 i was toying with (i got it just about brand new outta a barn it was sitting in) paid 400 bucks for it.. it was my little project bike (dremel tool port & polish) smoothed the water jacket in the cylinder n stuff..redneck power :)

well i blew it up and did a top end on it got it all buttoned up and took it for the maiden voyage..

before i tell you what happpened tho i gotta tell ya the rolling chassis fell off the stand one night and bent the radiator.. i thought nothing if it it wasnt to bad,

so neway i come back from the maiden voyage and im like man this thingg ripppps now untill i hear this hissing noise.. sure enough i bend down to look at it and a radiator hose busted off and sprayed my in the face!.. that hurt like an SOB... i ran into the yard and jumed into the pool and that only made it worse.. my face hurt for a month i guess the bed rad built up pressure and that hose was probably loose

man that suckedd i was out on that thing beatin the P*SS outta it for like an hr before that.. so that colant hada be HOTTT

drew416ex
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
Maybe you're the kind of person that should leave even the simple work to the dealers...

I seriously hope you are joking. At some point everyone makes a mistake or just doesn't pay attention for a second.

TheNewn
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
I seriously hope you are joking. At some point everyone makes a mistake or just doesn't pay attention for a second.

Try not to be so defensive/serious...did that hurt your feelings or something? it was a joke.

drew416ex
06-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Try not to be so defensive/serious...did that hurt your feelings or something? it was a joke.

No, it didnt hurt my feelings, but it does make me mad when people put other people down on here. Its cool if your joking, but make it look like your joking. 99% of the time people arn't joking and most of the time those people don't have a clue what going on to begin with. There have been 13 and 14 year old kids that get put down on here and since then it just gets on my nerves unless you can tell that its a joke.

NickG5755
06-08-2008, 09:43 PM
now now girls back to the eyes full of foreign fludis and burnt faces stories

anyone else got nething interesting?

Honda4lyphe
06-08-2008, 11:04 PM

I always defend myself. I agree with you Drew 100%. Beleive it or not, smiley faces help. Usually i can tell if someones joking, although i spend more time in real life and not enough time online to know. I just play it safe. Anyways, no offense taken.

Lets take this a little further, any simple situation like this or something that you'd just like to share, lets hear it! Lets not fight in this thread, i didnt intend that at all. I cant control what people do, but if someone states something you dont like, back yourself with CONSTRUCTIVE critism. Thatd be nice anyways.