PDA

View Full Version : 03 Rincon for farm work?

Grizzly_A
06-07-2008, 03:18 PM
My brother-in-law is looking to buy an ATV for farm work. He'd be mainly towing fertilizer spreaders, hooking up 25-35 gallon tank sprayers with booms, doing the chores associated with farming. (not ranching) He also wants to be able to haul an elk out of the woods during hunting season.

A friend at his work has an 03 Rincon for sale. It only has 600 miles on it and it's well taken care of. Are there any issues with the 2003? I know it was the first year for that model.

In your opinions, what would be the best fit for his type of use? I'm more familiar with the sport quads. He doesn't have to have a Honda, he mainly just cares about what will be the best fit for him.

Any opinions?

06-07-2008, 03:32 PM
It is a great quad and big enough for what he wants to do with it I say he should get it. We have a 2004 500 rubicon and it does everything we need to do with it.

Grizzly_A
06-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Any issues with the 03 that anyone has heard of?

is $4700 for an 03 Rincon (green, 600 miles, winch) fair?

06-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I would offer him rougly $4500 or maybe 4400 but other than that it seems nice.

mudrunner35
06-07-2008, 08:10 PM
just so you know, the rincon doesn't have low range. i'd say the rubicon or the foreman would be better for work and hunting because there will be times where you need the lower gear so you can haul something instead of just spinning or just bogging down. the rincon wasn't meant for work it was meant as a trail quad (hence why honda didn't put a reciever hitch on). if you want my opinion, look for a foreman or a rubicon. they are cheaper and they all have low range and the 500 has plenty enough power for hauling elk or doing any kind of chore

250exkid
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
exactly go foreman or rubicon. another bad thing about the rincon is it has indp rear suspension witch is way weaker then a straight axle. so go for the foreman or rubicon

maxfior
08-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I guess I'll toss in my $0.02. I have an 08 Rancher 420 for my farm and it is great. Good price, easy to work on. Fuel Injection, ESP, place for a hitch ball to pull my carts and wagons, and an low first gear for towing. I use it for plenty of hard work and I also play hard with it too. Very good 4x4 utility atv IMHO... 420cc may seem small, but it has more then enough go-jo... What every you do, test drive some and ask friends, get some ideas before you drop the cash! Good luck!

Max