PDA

View Full Version : Malossi overrange variator and rear pulley?

kgmtech
06-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I have a malossi overrange setup that I am trying to get setup,I called and ordered a belt for it and was told a couple different belts would work,so i got they one they recommended,but when I put it all together the belt will not stay out on the outside edge of rear pulley when quad is not running it stays dropped down in the pulley about a 1/2 inch or better with the rear pulley slightly opened up,just wondering if this is normal or is the belt i have to short?

neveready
06-07-2008, 09:34 PM
If the belt is not riding all the way out of the pulley then you are loosing the value of the rear pulley being larger. The malossi belt provided is usually not right, you have to remember Malossi has no experience in the atv business. It takes some time to get this sytem setup and working properly.It can be mind boggling but can also run very well. Which parts from malossi are you using? What type of bike/setup are you using this on? I have some experience with this sytem and may have some ideas,parts and resources to help you out.

kgmtech
06-08-2008, 01:39 AM
The bike is a 2004 dinli 70 with all the goodies motor wise,ported cylinder , big carb , exhaust , etc., the belt I have is a malossi kevlar belt part no. 6112742, but like i said it definately is not riding all the way out on the edge of the back pulley, any help getting this setup with right belt would be greatly appreciated.

LT80
06-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Have you checked the travel of the variator?

dblacks
06-10-2008, 10:38 AM
you will probably need a spacer in the front variator to get it to sit all the way down in it as well.

ukguy
06-10-2008, 04:22 PM
if its a complete malossi overange kit with variator and torque driver you will need a 6111108 belt,

the setting up will require a little more it all depend on what type of power output your engine has etc if you want any more info pm me on what you have done and any figures and i can give you a starting setup, a rolling road would be better to set up the transmission correctly