PDA

View Full Version : question about 98 CR125 swingarm

Sweet400EX
11-30-2002, 12:55 PM
Hey guys,

i realize this is an EX website and i have spent hours and hours reading about EX's and have contributed to many threads, but now i need your help.

Can anyone tell me if i can buy an aftermarket swingarm for a 98 CR125 or do i have to get a stock one from honda. IM not looking for a moded swingarm, just stock length and everything but i dont want to pay honda's factory price. So if i can, where would i find such a thing?

Also, does anyone know of a website that is like this one, (which is fantastic i might add) but features just CR riders? i have been looking and looking without any success so far. Or how about other dirtbike forums, anyone know of any?

well thanks for everyone's time and enjoy the holiday season!!

- Doug

Jimmah
11-30-2002, 01:09 PM
You could try servicehonda.com...... I believe they would beat your dealerships prices. As far as to answer any of your other questions I'm no good.

motochris
11-30-2002, 02:18 PM
What up with your swingarm??? Do you just need one or what... Just wondering???................:D

Sweet400EX
12-01-2002, 11:19 AM
well, what happened to my swingarm was in late summer i was tightening my chain and the chain adjustment bolts snapped inside of the swingarm. and why is this? because of honda's get idea to make an aluminum swingarm and put what kinda of chain adjustment bolts in there but STEEL. if u know anything about this combination, u would know that steel and aluminum like to weld to each other. its a chemistry thing.

anyways, i had to have the bolts drilled out at a machine shop. the guy did an awesome job BUT the swingarm is messed up pretty good on one side. the machinist had to reweld my swingarm in one place because of the damage done during the drilling. it wasnt his fault, i know he did the best he could.

So im looking for an aftermarket swingarm or something of that sort that is not going to kill my wallet like a factory swingarm would.

Jimmah
12-01-2002, 11:37 AM
Well service honda is 350 instead of 540, just under a 100 bucks difference. You try ebay?

TheRedRebel17
12-01-2002, 12:11 PM
^
you mean a little under $200 right?

you might check out
http://www.shread.net/fmtx/
thats the forum for freestylemtx.com

motochris
12-01-2002, 02:20 PM
Yep i understand about the alum. and steel welding them self together... Well i cracked my swingarm about 3 months ago... Honda told me to replace my swing arm would be $620.... I tried to go aftermarket but no one that i talked to made them... I'm sure someone does ,but the question is"who"??? So i just got it welded and so far so good....

You might try ebay or look up some Motorcycle Junk yards on the web and you might get one from them... I have been told that BBR makes swingarms, but this is just hear say... I'll do some checking here to see what i can find....

Sweet400EX
12-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Hey guys,

thanks soo much for ur help. I checked out service honda.com and was pretty satisfied with the price they gave me which was approx. $349. so im happy with that.

now my other question as to which i still havent had any success with is, are they any CRriders forums out there that u guys may know of? something like Exriders would be awesome but we all know that theres nothing like that out there unless Leo made it :D . so if ya know of any or find any, please lemme know.

nevertheless, thanks again!! you guys have a good day!

- Doug

motochris
12-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Check your PM dude... I gave you some sites.....:D later

Texan32
12-02-2002, 02:50 PM
Sweet400

Here is a little trick. The metal/aluminum "welding" thing you are refering to is the corrision created from the aluminum being mated up to the steel. You can stop this from happening. There is some stuff called "anti-seize". Best stuff invented since sliced bread! I put that stuff on everything! It keeps bolts from seizing up, prevents rust and actually lubricates all at the same time. Its a VERY good idea to use that stuff on the oil filter cover bolts on the 400!!!!!