PDA

View Full Version : 88 250R and I want to add Cr 500 link

brandonpeake
06-06-2008, 09:28 PM
im in the middle of trading for a real nice 88 R, it has an ESR 310 kit with their carb, xc lonestar axle and stem, lots of nice parts ims tank, it is setup real nice for Xc the originsl plastic is even in great shaoe a few scuffs, it has the stock frame and rear shock, from what ive read the cr500 link is the way to go for XC,l I had been talking to laz about it, Do i have to run a laeger frame or can it be done with a laeger swingarm and shock or ju shockj? I have sarched here and 3 other forums but its hard to find good info on 205r's , I wish there were more faq's on them, need help quickly please

the_hulkamaniac
06-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm doing the same I bought a swinger and linkage conversion kit from Walsh. The linkage new from Honda wasn't cheap. It commng along pretty well I just got hung up with time, and finding someone to build the rear shock. I think I'm going with custom axis.

Heres a link to mine; http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350492

I was having trouble with the shock lenght being longer then standard cr500 setups. Because of where the top mount is to be placed. One thing to look out for is placement of the top bar because it could interfear with you gas tank if it's oversised.

brandonpeake
06-07-2008, 02:10 AM
i didnt see it on the site walsh that is , what are u doing for -aarms /front shocks

trx-r#34
06-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I did this same mod a couple years ago using that same conversion kit from WRC. It came with all the shock and linkage brackets needed and a sketch with all the dimensions that Mike uses for his frames. The best thing is to call up WRC and talk with Mike or Nate and order all that parts and Mike is more then willing to help over the phone. Just use all his dimensions and everything works out just fine. I had Mark Baldwin make a dual rate PEP ZPS that works great.

the_hulkamaniac
06-15-2008, 10:46 PM
The frame is an 88. Like I said the only problem I have is the 4gal ims tank. Being longer then the stock i'm moving the mount back 1.5cm to give clearance for a top bracket reinforcement. I went with the Walsh swingarm and mounts as well the guys at walsh have been very good to deal with.

I was going to go with Baldwin for the rear shock but I think I will get a Custom Axis.

As for a arms I have some JD Perfromance +3+1's and putting on a set of evols.

GOTFEAR
06-18-2008, 10:19 PM
this is my converstion

06-18-2008, 10:30 PM
wow shiny ^^^ i have to ask whats the cr500 link do and why is it so special.

GOTFEAR
06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
much better plush ride and wont break your back on missed landings

brandonpeake
06-23-2008, 10:04 PM
GOTFEAR- what conversion did u use or did you make it yourself? Just looking to change the rear suspension on the 250

my88r
06-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
this is my converstion

can i see a top view of that?

doc-bones
06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
No Doubt CR-500 link rear is a superior top notch set-up. This is Walsh`s Set-up!!!!

250Renvy
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by trx-r#34
I did this same mod a couple years ago using that same conversion kit from WRC. It came with all the shock and linkage brackets needed and a sketch with all the dimensions that Mike uses for his frames. The best thing is to call up WRC and talk with Mike or Nate and order all that parts and Mike is more then willing to help over the phone. Just use all his dimensions and everything works out just fine. I had Mark Baldwin make a dual rate PEP ZPS that works great.

How much did that cost? Do you still have the blueprints?

Did you use mild steel or chromoly?